» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Talk about a jacked up payout.....

I'm sure the Accardo's thank you (1st & 2nd places) for not getting in the options! Cha Ching for 3rd place! Nice job Ryan and your dad! I just never understood why you would even fish a tourney with out getting in the options. That's why your there in the first place right? To win money!

http://www.usanglerschoice.net/2007r...lectvalue=7143

Markarian Investigations @ (209) 777-9696
USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
Cali Skum
Stage Stop Gun Shop (Atwater & Mariposa)
Fatty's Worms
Ranger Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
SPJ

Default Re: Talk about a jacked up payout.....

Come on Harry, Give them a break, Their rookies
SPJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Honestly, I'm not really busting on anyone. Just never understood it. I have been in a pinch every now and then and thought about not getting in the options. I always feared that the one time I did that...this would happen. If I couldn't afford to get in the options....I just wouldn't fish the tourney. The total for the 3 offered options in this particular tourney was $60.

There are some exceptions for me though. ABA had that $100 "High Roller" option. That was way over the top for me.

Now folks that's just me.

Markarian Investigations @ (209) 777-9696
USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
Cali Skum
Stage Stop Gun Shop (Atwater & Mariposa)
Fatty's Worms
Ranger Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

You arent alone Ranger Jockey. There are alot of potential players that opt out because they cant afford or dont want to play the options game. Another example of winners being made to regret not being in the options.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

there is no need to slam or embarrass any of those guys. it was their choice. with this tough economy and rising gas costs, maybe they can't afford the options this time or maybe they didn't feel they were on the right fish to win. maybe they just like the challenge of tournament fishing. sometime it not all about winning money. At least they were out there supporting the industry.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

well I've been the lucky recipient of the winning team not entering options. 4 years ago at Casitas Night derby the first place team had a big bag...27 =/- in weight and won. We finished 2nd place with around 23lbs. there were over 50 boats...first place got only the money for first place and we won all the options and the monster(winner take all $50 a team) option. Lets just say for 2nd place we took home almost 4k!

Sucks...but like Harry says...i can't see putting in part of the money and not all of it.

15.25# Lake Casitas 2001
14.25# Lake Casitas 2009
13.50# Lake Casitas 2003
13.50# Lake Casitas 2005
12.50# Lake Piru 2003
elfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to b2customrods

I had a nice chat with young Arcado and were good as he understands. I told him this NOT about him and his dad!!!!! This is about these rookie leagues and there rotten monitoring of the stats and haw the rules are enforced and or bastardized or not enforced at all for some people. There few other teams that BY THE WRITTEN RULES should not be fishing.

Let me repeat this! This is NOT about the Arcados! There stats were available at the top of the list and used as nothing more than an example of IMHO the way the rules are poorly enforced in that league.

I know of one TD with the WRL who said and I quote "I drew the starting boat number the night before" Is that cool?

I dont fish the WRL as I have a guides license. As per the rules I cant fish the WRL so I stopped. I had to let my teammate down as he wanted to continue to fish it. So I had to find another partner to fish the pro teams. My old partner had to find another teammate. I could have kept my mouth shut and continued to fish.

I dont know what your smelling but its not jealousy. My hats off to those two and the hard work they have put in.

I have deleted at my choice my post. Young Arcado said it was up to me if I wanted to. So lets not make something out of that which is not there.

[B][size=10pt]Police protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the m
b2customrods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.