California Bass Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Questions re Lowrance HDS 9 touch
» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tom P

Default Questions re Lowrance HDS 9 touch

Ken,

1. How do I get my waypoints from my old 520C's to my HDS9. It doesn't seem to be reading the card from the 520C.

2. Would a Navionics chip help clarify the GPS readings? We need a definition of the map icons and would like more labeling of the names of the bays, etc. on the lakes to clarify where we are. We've found the Lowrance Insight labeling inadequate.

3. Would a separate HDS Elite 7 transducer work on an HDS 9 touch to provide downscan and sonar pictures for the front of the boat or do I have to get an structure scan transducer for the trolling motor which I prefer not doing? I'm running everything from the HDS 7 unit from the back of the boat presently and would like to get sonar and down imaging separately to the front.

4. We need help reading the side scan imaging. We read the water column okay but are having trouble locating if there are any fish markings on the side. Can you recommend an instructional DVD on structure scan reading?

Love the units....Tom and Judy
Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote