» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2010, 03:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Wind and rain couldn't stop the "Rumble"......

(The Rumble results)

16 dedicated sticks dawned their best rain gear and braved some harsh Clear Lake conditions in their desire to rein victorious for their favorite tackle store.
The first ever Tackle Store Rumble was fought between the North and South, Clear Lake Outdoors (CLO) VS Clear Lake Tackle (CLT).

Who would walk away with the winner take all purse?

CLO was clearly the underdogs. They lined up to rumble with six fighters; but, CLT showed they were there ready and able to fight, with no mercy. Their 10 sticks were ominous looking, and they planned on beating CLO so bad they would never venture south of shag rock again.

The weather really didn't make it safe for anyone to fish alone so we loaded up two of the CLT team boats with three guys each.

The rule. One fish per boat. CLO had three teams. so, it was the best three fish. CLT had the advantage. 4 boats and ten sticks. they had one throw away fish to get their best three, plus a 10 to 6 advantage.

They launched at Redbud and I watched as they disappeared one by one into the pouring rain. Would they return? Most sane folks were home in bed. To be truthful, these guys are not mentally stable.

At 11:00 a.m. it had been raining hard for hours. I thought that I had better set up the scales because these guys were gonna come in, very wet.... and, very soon. 12p.m, 1:00p.m. and still no one. Finally. weigh in time 2p.m. here they come. Drowned rats!!! all of them. I was right, these guys and 1 gal I might ad, were absolutely insane.

The weigh in went fast. CLT weighed in four fish. The little 3.8 was eliminated from their sack. They had a total 15.18 for their three best. CLO weighed in with one over 6 pounds for the big fish. CLO was sitting at approximately 11.75 pounds with one fish to weigh. Pearl was up. He reached far down into his live-well with both hands, then in a tribute to Kevin Van Dam, pulled his fish from the live-well and proudly displayed high above his head in Bass-master fashion. It was not a huge fish. it might go 4; but, looked more like a three and quarter. It would be close. Pearl jumped from the boat, weighed in the fish. We added the score. And, it was...big enough!! CLO took the win by just over 2 ozs.

Jimmy Ghiorso had looked focused all morning. He congratulated the winners, and started back to the store. He turned, and with a determined look and a daunting voice, he simply said, "The South shall rise again!" When Jimmy showed up at Konocti Saturday morning for the A/C opener I knew there was going to be trouble. He was in northern territory, and was going to fish with a vengeance. And, so he did. Jimmy and Kevin had a 28+ pound bag and took everyone's money. And, for good measure he took the raffle prizes too. Kevin and Jimmy took no prisoners Saturday. Superb performance and well executed game plan.

The next Rumble date will be determined at a later time. We are capping the event at 10 teams for CLO, and ten teams for CLT, and 5 teams for Lucerne tackle. This event will not be advertised and you will have to go into Lucerne Tackle, CLO, or CLT to get on the Rumble list or waiting list.

See Troy, Dave, Jimmy, or George for more details. The trophies will be on display at CLO and CLT. The question is, "Will the South rise, again? Stay tuned.

Tg
Terry G. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2010, 01:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Wind and rain couldn't stop the "Rumble"......

Terry,You thought of a great idea, and that is to benifit the local tackle shops in Lake County. For those tackle shop owners that did not GET IT this could have been a wonderful boost for your shop as well as bragging rights for a year. I found out that Terry did all of this on his own. The idea is that the winning team spends the purse at the Pro Shop that they represented. Having said this I challange next year that the local Pro-Shops in Lake County put a five boat team together and try to beat the current "Rumble Champs" team Clearlake Outdoors, thanks Troy and Dave you put a good team together,hopefully next year the other two boats will show up! And again Terry G. thank you for a GREAT IDEA Buddha
Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in