» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2010, 11:22 PM   #61 (permalink)

Default Re: WONBASS matches USAC and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman10.66
I see it's for AOY but do you have to fish with Diawa or does it even matter.
You don't have to fish with Diawa, they put up the money so the award is named after them...
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #62 (permalink)

Holly cow I thouhgt I was reading about fishing tourmaments, and then I had a flash back to the last 3 months of the politicians bashing each other, If this is what tourmament fishing has come to I'm going independant.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:56 PM   #63 (permalink)

Backseat Tiger, It does sound strange to be a pro fishing from the back....it sounds strange to me at times too, but it's true.

No, I don't make much money off of winnings in tournaments; however, I do get compensation from sponsors. Is it a good living? I'd have to say not at this time, but I have seen the increase from entry level sponsorship increasing through out the years to some financial contribution. Each year is getting better and better.

Here is a good couple of articles from Mike Folkestad about how to get sponsorship and how to retain them...

http://mikefolkestad.blogspot.com/se...ing%20sponsors
Tami Curtis Jennings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty
Here are a few things that could help both Organizations! Im not attacking either organization just stating the problems.

1. It is Christmas and with the economy it is had to come up with the extra money to sign up for tournaments.
2. Why hold a tournament in January, many still have not recovered from the Christmas or the New Year season yet. Beside who wants to fish Shasta or Oroville in the winter? I myself would rather fish a 6 hour tournament then freeze pretending to have fun (but then Im getting old). If Won Bass move Shasta to March it would be the better of the two schedules (IMO). As for AC it seem they want to cram all of their events in the first 6 months.
3. Start using computers to calculate the weights at weigh-ins and trust what you see. I used one for Club Classic and when the last person weigh-in, I already knew who won, who was the big fish, everything to start the awards. No long waits!
4. This is for the Co-Angler only both organization fees is $250 an event and both are paying out $2,500 for first place. Not a very good return compared to the Pros (not asking for the same but a little better that this would be nice). For $150 dollars more the Co-Angler can fish the FLW and win a boat at each event plus get paid down to 50th place and does not have to pay for Big Fish. I think you need to look in this! The only thing you two organization have over the FLW is the Angler does not have to use vacation time to fish.
5. Right now it is easier to find a needle in a hay stack then find the difference between the two organizations.
6. Yes, I will try to fish both organizations if I can get in but if not I already signed up for the three events at the CBC for just a little over what it takes to sign up for one of your tournaments. Then I have the Frog and Berkley Big Bass. The point is your organizations are not the only game in town.

Wishing both of your Organizations has a good season.

The problem is Marty that there are always more Ams then Pro's, so its easy to short their percentage and increase the pro side. Personally I never really cared much. I always thought when it was a big deal I could move to the other end of the boat. Although you are right about the FLW it still comes down to the fact that there is always Ams left without a Pro to fish with.
http://zipperwormcompany.com/
flipit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2010, 12:32 AM   #65 (permalink)
kb

I figured since this post is going to go on for days and already has 1200 plus views I might as well post the 2011 schedules for each since the td's are so busy seeing who can piss the highest up the wall. At least it is exposure for your respective circuits.....Any of you td's sent out flyers to tackle shops yet, sent a flyer to all the clubs promoting your schedules or even sent out a letter wishing your past customers a happy holiday season and making them aware of your 2011 schedule?

Sorry guys but every year this stuff starts in the off season. I am sorry but none of you pulled a full year of 100 boat events so start there. Both circuits have good and bad to offer and if you want a little history this pissing match went on with Harvey and Larry V and Mike Kennedy and Larry V and Larry Newby and Larry V well you get my point I hope they all lost...it helps nobody.....

hey WON Bass and USAC how about the top 12 reasons why WE should all fish your circuits without bashing any other competition........

I have offered the platform of my show to all of you to promote what you are doing and your 2011 circuit and as of today I have not heard from any of you.....offer stands guys...

WON BASS 2011
Jan 8-9 2011 Shasta Entry Form pdf ( or call Ashley at 949-366-0030 ext 38 )
Apr 16-17, 2011 Delta (Russo's) Entry Form pdf ( or call Ashley at 949-366-0030 ext 38 )
Sept 17-18, 2011 Clear Lake Entry Form pdf ( or call Ashley at 949-366-0030 ext 38 )

Pro/AAA Events - South
Date Location Entry Forms
Feb 12-13, 2011 Roosevelt Entry Form pdf ( or call Ashley at 949-366-0030 ext 38 )
Mar 26-27, 2011 Havasu Entry Form pdf ( or call Ashley at 949-366-0030 ext 38 )
Oct 15-16, 2011 Mead Entry Form pdf ( or call Ashley at 949-366-0030 ext 38 )

USAC Pro Am 2011 North Schedule

Date

1/29 thru 1/30 Lake Oroville Pro Am
3/18 thru 3/19 Clear Lake Pro Am
4/30 thru 5/1 California Delta Pro Am
6/11 thru 6/12 Championship (Clear Lake) Pro Am
Year to Date Standings Pro Am

2011 South Schedule

Date

11/12 thru 11/13 Havasu Pro Am
2/26 thru 2/27 Havasu Pro Am
5/14 thru 5/15 Mead Pro Am
6/11 thru 6/12 Championship (Clear Lake) Pro Am
Year to Date Standings Pro Am

kb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2010, 12:42 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb
I figured since this post is going to go on for days and already has 1200 plus views I might as well post the 2011 schedules for each since the td's are so busy seeing who can piss the highest up the wall. At least it is exposure for your respective circuits.....Any of you td's sent out flyers to tackle shops yet, sent a flyer to all the clubs promoting your schedules or even sent out a letter wishing your past customers a happy holiday season and making them aware of your 2011 schedule?

Sorry guys but every year this stuff starts in the off season. I am sorry but none of you pulled a full year of 100 boat events so start there. Both circuits have good and bad to offer and if you want a little history this pissing match went on with Harvey and Larry V and Mike Kennedy and Larry V and Larry Newby and Larry V well you get my point I hope they all lost...it helps nobody.....

hey WON Bass and USAC how about the top 12 reasons why WE should all fish your circuits without bashing any other competition........

I have offered the platform of my show to all of you to promote what you are doing and your 2011 circuit and as of today I have not heard from any of you.....offer stands guys...

Kent thanks for letting us know of the offer. Please keep us posted if they decide to do so. I for one would like to hear it. I usually have to catch the show on archive.
http://zipperwormcompany.com/
flipit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2010, 12:55 AM   #67 (permalink)
Administrator

The inappropriate post was removed along with all comments about it

Admin-
admin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2010, 01:21 AM   #68 (permalink)

So my boyfriend got a call from the FLW today looking for pros for the Lake Shasta tournament. If FLW is hurting for "boaters" then how does WON BASS hope to fill its field from the pros who will "already be there."
blade-n-boobs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2010, 02:01 AM   #69 (permalink)

FLW usually calls folks that have fished before if they have less than a full field a week or 2 before the cutoff. It doesn't necessarily mean they're hurting, but since they won't take entries at the meeting or offer reduced entries to try to get more folks in they need to get the word out early.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:05 AM   #70 (permalink)

HE HE HE..........IN THE FAMOUS WORDS OF ROCKY AND APALLO

"""""DING DING"""""""
PHIL BURGESS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in