» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2009, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Delta eats (Restaurants)

While fun fishing I like to eat out sometimes (restaurants) which usually happens when there is nothing in the fridge to make a lunch with

Yesterday was that kind of day, but what a pain in the . it was to eat!

I ran over to the Rusty porthole and they ARE open on Friday's but only for dinner. Then I ran to the Sugar Barge which I don't really like (but HEY, I was hungry) and although the posted hours say they are supposed to be open they were closed.

Then I run over to Lundborg Landing, they are permanently closed, bankrupt or some such thing.

Finally I went to Orwood, open for business and the food was good but out of the way based on where I wanted to fish (Franks)
I guess what irked me the most was all the time I wasted trying to find someone open, I should have gone brown bag.
stogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
CZ

Default Re: Delta eats (Restaurants)

La Villa is a good mexican spot on Bethel Island. If you are going over the bridge onto the island it will be on your left right after you cross. It's next to where the old boat and fishing shop was right in Bethel Island.
CZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

La Villa is a good spot, good food, very reasonable. They used to do breakfast but as of last week no more. There has been a string of restaurants on Bethel Island over the years. Tony's diner shut down because of the owners family medical problems. I had hoped that when that new development was finished they would open up some more places on Bethel. Who knows if they will ever finish it now? If you head back on Hwy 4 you pass by the Buzz Inn which is a good greasy spoon, continue on to La Costa by Hook line for killer burritos.
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2009, 01:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Big plus on La Villa but that is when the day is done!

For the most part I take a lunch Ė I donít want to waste time stopping to eat. The three places I go to if I want something hot is Orwood, Union Point, and Rusty Porthole. During the summer I stay way from Orwood and Union Point and Rusty Porthole is more of a weekend thing.

[size=10pt]Inland Marine - http://www.inland-marine.com/[/size]
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

try the Pirates Lair. They are the last marina on the right on the mokulmne right before you get to the san joaquin. They have a restaruant called "The Shoals", but Now that I think about it, it might be called "the pirates cafe", same owner, he just changed names. Great food, good price and they are not shy with the portions. They are only about a three minute run to or from franks. . By the way when are are heading into that marina on OUTGOING, throw your favorite delta crank bait, according to the season, accross BOTH of the jettie points( there is one on the left, and one on the right) and hold on. You want to cast far enough that your bait will start hitting the bottom @ the point. . Not that you asked for any fishing tips, but you got some!. BTW, the pirates cafe is open @ 6:30 am, and closes @3:30, no dinner except for fri, sat nights during the summer. Man, they should pay me for this plug
jim eaton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Korth's Point/ Pirates Lair right off the main channel and a short run from Frank's has takin' lots of my money for breakfast and lunch on practice days on the delta. Also Herman and Helen's but they seem to close and reopen with the tide switch !
Jeff Huth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

There used to be a floating hotdog/hamburger stand (it was built on a houseboat) that used to work the waters near Mildred Island. Never got to try it but I love the idea of being able to idle over and grab a quick burger...
fish_food is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2009, 02:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

When fishing in Disco, you got to try Boardwalk Grill its the resturant on the marina, only a few months old, but really good food and beer. I think it tops Orwood for burgers and stuff, the breakfast isn't that great though. But in town you can never go wrong with La Costa, there is one by the Hook and one in Brentwood on Hwy4 and Walnut. $6 for a huge burrito and soda, cant go wrong.

Jason
Jason P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2009, 05:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim eaton
try the Pirates Lair. They are the last marina on the right on the mokulmne right before you get to the san joaquin. They have a restaruant called "The Shoals", but Now that I think about it, it might be called "the pirates cafe", same owner, he just changed names. Great food, good price and they are not shy with the portions. They are only about a three minute run to or from franks. . By the way when are are heading into that marina on OUTGOING, throw your favorite delta crank bait, according to the season, accross BOTH of the jettie points( there is one on the left, and one on the right) and hold on. You want to cast far enough that your bait will start hitting the bottom @ the point. . Not that you asked for any fishing tips, but you got some!. BTW, the pirates cafe is open @ 6:30 am, and closes @3:30, no dinner except for fri, sat nights during the summer. Man, they should pay me for this plug
Yeah this place has good food! I put the number in my phone so I can call ahead and fish around the area until its ready!
Old 01-24-2009, 05:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

+1 for Pirate's Lair. Good food and quick and easy to get too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in