» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2011, 12:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rods made in the USA....

Let's see off the top of my head. Lamiglas,Castaway,Allstar,Falcon. Any others you guys can think of. I can't remember if looms is. Most of the best tackle is made overseas...
bsapp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2011, 12:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Rods made in the USA....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsapp
Let's see off the top of my head. Lamiglas,Castaway,Allstar,Falcon. Any others you guys can think of. I can't remember if looms is. Most of the best tackle is made overseas...
Better do a little research, your post is not all true. Mine are made in South Korea, I'm right up front about it.
Gary Dobyns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2011, 01:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

South Korea - I thought you had that Kim dude making them in the Nuke factory, cause I hear they can jack some fish up! (Just not for me... you have to wet a line in order to get bit!) Ok Couldn't resist... lack of sleep gets me loopy sometimes!

As much as I'd love to see rods made in the USA my bank account likes the Overseas ones.. The way I see it - if a rod sells for $200, about $150 of that money is staying in the U.S. between Manufacturer, Dealer Rep, Shipping and retailer... most of the money stays domestic.

If everything I bought put 75% of my money into the US market I'd be thrilled!

http://MonsterFishingTackle.com
http://RagoBaits.com  - Yeah, they're that good!
http://RideWithALegend.com
TomLeogrande is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2011, 01:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

How technical do you want to get?

Are you talking construction of all components (blank, guides, thread, epoxy, etc.)? There's probably not too many that will make the list.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

Oh I'm not trying to patriotic with this post. I use primarily all Japanese cranks,shimano reels,etc......
bsapp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2011, 02:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Greg Cornish

Ive heard St. Croix were made in U.S. then later heard the blanks are shipped in and then assembled in the U.S. What about Phoenix rods?

Greg Cornish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to b2customrods

Rogue is made in the US. Loomis was and maybe still made here but that might change if it hasnt already due to thee new owner. Almost all the parts come from overseas. The really cool parts come from Japan. Look up Matagi in Japan. Nice stuff. Oh and is it expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this stuff wasnt made overseas it would be double the price your paying now. I build custom rods to order. I dont build expensive custom rods. I dont do all the fancy weaving and not much marbling. That stuff does not help you catch more fish and it wont help ya win a tournament. What does help you is a well built rod stating with a good blank and using good proven parts. A rod that feels good in your hand but doesnt kill your wallet.

I am disabled and on SSD. To suplement my fixed income I can work a little to pay for fishing but can only earn so much extra. I make 110.00 per rod in labor and I might make 10-15 in parts. I charge less than MSRP on the parts. I cant compete Bass Pro, or the Powell companys with there below 200.00 rods. I wish I could build more rods with Loomis blanks. The one I did build for myself was expensive but I love the rod. I would love to build a rod using a Dobyn's blank but it would cost more to build than what Gary sells his for.

The overseas companies are killing the American manufacturers in not only rods but a ton of other goods. I dont blame anyone for shopping Walmart. Im not heavily advertising cause I cant compete anymore so now I make rods for myself and friends that want one. To make a buck I gota bust my a$$ and my disability wont allow it.

[B][size=10pt]Police protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the m
b2customrods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

That's why custom built rods are the best, best components, best craftmanship and the unquestionably the best style!

- Capt. Zap Branigan of Earthican Vessel 'Nimbus' from tv's "Futurama".
bassmandan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

All my torny gear is Zebco. I heard it was made at Clear Lake.
ballew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Greg Cornish

I say buy at least 1 made by b2customrods. Keep the money here!

Greg Cornish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in