» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance
California Bass Fishing Forum

California Bass Fishing Forum (https://www.calbassin.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northern California (https://www.calbassin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Bass Pro charger (https://www.calbassin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12101)

Greg Cornish 03-02-2011 09:36 AM

Bass Pro charger

My three bank bass pro charger that I bought because my 6 year old 2 bank charger was so great dumped on me after one year and ruined on battery in a 36 volt system. They said the warranty was based on an inspection basis only. I had to print out a form and give them a credit card number in case I wanted it replaced in full or prorated when I sent it back.

I'm wondering how good they are about this? IAm I going to be bending over for them or will they treat me fairly based on your experiences?

Crump 03-02-2011 09:53 PM

Re: Bass Pro charger

I haven't seen too many things that aren't crap from BPS. I've had a Humminbird on-board charger for years and its never let me down, also didn't cost much. Hope for the best but stretch out the legs and practice bending over just in case.

Greg Cornish 03-02-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crump
I haven't seen too many things that aren't crap from BPS. I've had a Humminbird on-board charger for years and its never let me down, also didn't cost much. Hope for the best but stretch out the legs and practice bending over just in case.

My insurance pays for KY jelly so I'm set. If this one goes out I'll ask about Hummingbird and others next time.

Greg Cornish 03-10-2011 05:33 PM

Got my three bank charger in the mail today. Warranty had run out 9 months ago from Bass Pro so they said I needed to provide credit card info in case the inspection revealed I had to pay. I'd sent it to them with the plug cut off because I hard wired it into the system.

My receipt showed $139.97 plus $11.55 tax $151.22 Subtotal.

then it showed CREDIT $151.22 ORDER TOTAL .00

Upgraded model too.

Thank you base pro. I'm a happy camper.

Greg Cornish 03-10-2011 11:20 PM

I made an error. Since the new charger is cheaper I just got a notice they owe me $3.42 ROFLMAO

bigfish65 03-10-2011 11:25 PM

i grew up in springfield where their corp. offices are located and i have yet to ever have a problem either returning something or getting something replaced. they are almost as easy as walmart!! LOL