» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2011, 01:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default MC for the elites?

IS it just me or is this guy really not that good. I think the other MC was better,where is Fish,Fishburne? This new guy ehhh.......??? Not very much witty vernacular comig outta this guy. He just talks like he ran up a mountain to get to the mike.......
bsapp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: MC for the elites?

BOOM SHAKA LAKA!!!!!! WTF???? annoying.
scott h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
bmx

Send a message via AIM to bmx

I think Dave Mercer is great!!! The other dude always pointed out "that's not gonna do it""
Dave is positive & funny !!
www.NorCalRampRats.com
bmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2011, 12:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

He wanted to put his arm around every one of the anglers at the Classic weigh in. It was obvious from some of their body language that they didn't like it. If you think that is annoying go check out his video blogs. Some are over the top but some are pretty good and entertaining.

Dave overall is probably good for the sport. He will get better with time as he gets more comfortable. I think he will turn out to be well liked. Talk about being thrown to the wolves. Can you imagine the pressure of doing that job for the first time at the Classic? I think it sends a clear message that BASS plans to be more entertaining to the masses. And that, hopefully, will grow the sport.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

He definitely looked nervous and stumbled over some words at the Classic. But I agree with BMX, he is positive, high energy, and pretty funny at times. You can see his youtube channel here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/factsoffishing
green_monster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah maybe I'm passing judgement to soon. I just expected a little more. Those guys have a pretty tuff job. I guess if Mckinnis picked him he'll be fine. I'll guess we will find out over the course of this next season.
bsapp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
kb

Give Mercer a chance I think he will do fine. He knows the sport so that is a bonus. If the first MC job you had was someone handing you the mic and pushing you out on the Bassmasters Classic Stage you might drop a couple of easy fly balls!!!

Fish makes the shows all about Fish and the consensus is he is not all that easy to work with and pushes the envelope. Not Jerry's deal!!

You guys need to go back and watch some of the old Classics before passing too much judgement here.....Ray doing his "Cmon B team"....."Cmon A team" and his not even hearing what the guys said and then saying something completly off the wall!!!

I think Dave will be ok at it...not easy to keep the show rolling, say the right things, promote the sponsors, don't promote the non sponsors, build excitement, slow down, speed up, keep the pace going with Trip all the while the voices in your ear from the control truck telling you what to do and say!!!

kb
kb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

I spent a lot of time talking to Mercer at the Classic and I can asure you he was nervous!

He was also holding back as he didn't want to freak BASS out. He is over the top by nature and is super **** funny. Check out his vids on Advanced Angler - in the Classic coverage and you will see he is funny and good at what he does. Wants he lets himself work without second guessing "Is that too much" - he'll be great! The anglers are just getting to know him too.

http://MonsterFishingTackle.com
http://RagoBaits.com  - Yeah, they're that good!
http://RideWithALegend.com
TomLeogrande is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

This discussion reminded me of his, "facts of fishing" show so I went back a watched a couple episodes. He is pretty funny but I'm more impressed with his camera and production crew. I think BASS should hire them to do the Bassmasters television show!
green_monster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in