» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance
California Bass Fishing Forum

California Bass Fishing Forum (https://www.calbassin.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northern California (https://www.calbassin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   15.4 caught at Clearlake (https://www.calbassin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13665)

clearlakeoutdoors 06-20-2011 11:39 PM

15.4 caught at Clearlake

Kelseyville local Fred Williams caught a 15.4 on a minnow this last weekend. Should be photos soon . Largest ive heard from Clearlake in at least 10 years
Dave

bmx 06-20-2011 11:44 PM

Re: 15.4 caught at Clearlake

Did she make it back in? FingersCrossed

Greg Cornish 06-20-2011 11:44 PM

Good for Fred. Hadn't seen him in a while was wondering if he was still fishing. Probably not Mike. But don't know for sure.

Bails 06-21-2011 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMX

Nope.....and people wonder why minnow fishing hurt a bass population. Im sure there was a good excuse.

Greg Cornish 06-21-2011 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bails
Quote:

Originally Posted by BMX

Nope.....and people wonder why minnow fishing hurt a bass population. Im sure there was a good excuse.

I don't think it hurts the bass population. Not as much as bed fishing does. But that's okay because it's all about money. If she weighed 15+ she already hatched millions of eggs.

coyote268 06-21-2011 01:19 AM

Fred releases everything he catches even crappie. I understand when she came into the boat she just expired. Fred was sick about it. Put her into the livewell but no use.

blee 06-21-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Cornish
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bails
Quote:

Originally Posted by BMX

I don't think it hurts the bass population. Not as much as bed fishing does. But that's okay because it's all about money. If she weighed 15+ she already hatched millions of eggs.

Very very true.

I think California should have a big bass program like Texas does. Where they take the big bass breed them and release the fingerling into the population. And then release the big bass back into the wild.

couch-pet 06-21-2011 01:51 AM

knifefork Smilflag6

Bails 06-21-2011 01:56 AM

Didnt mean to strike a minnow nerve. I just never understood the challenge in sticking a live bait in front of a fishes nose and then being surprised a it ate it. Then wanting to do it all over again. Thats like shooting fish in a barrel. Not very fun to me. Thats all. Im sure he did his best but more fish are lost every year to the minnows than bed fishing.....ill bet on that. Catching a fish on a bed doesnt stop it from spawning. they do it 3 sometimes 5 times a year. So it will spawn just not when im in a tourny and i find it. ;D To each his own. Just stop wondering why its so hard to catch a ten these days. Now you know. ;D

Greg Cornish 06-21-2011 07:37 AM

My buddy got a ten in Clear Lake Sunday.