» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2011, 02:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Greg Cornish
Default Don't Blame Jimmy

I'm going to lock this thread after I post and ask BMX to bump it for a few days so everyone can read it. BMX Mike has politely asked me to address this and I agreed to because its the right thing to do. So, it is not as Bails will think, another attempt to turn the focus on myself.

I been thinking about what went down and have decided against my better judgement to try to cool things off. The reason I say against my better judgement is because sometimes when trying to bring things into the right perspective, someone will grab a word or phrase twist it and give oxygen to the embers again.

I'm nearly strictly a night fisherman as of this year. As a result of my paralysis I cannot sweat to control my body temp. I can wear warm clothes. I recently bought a $50,000 van to travel in and pull my boat around so I'm worried what happens in the dark of night. It's my first ever new vehicle. Many of us night fisherman are a little concerned where we park our vehicles and keep an eye out for one another. So the post of a rambling night fisherman really wasn't meant for most of you guys who fish tournaments and fish days. If you fish tournaments you have strength in numbers and a thief is on more precarious ground as he really doesn't know if someone is watching him or not.

When I saw that post I in truth innocently placed a link to it on here.

When I day fished I would go out of any ramp on the lake without fear of theft, many times Redbud. When I posted it I was thinking of the post that said, "Don't leave anything in your car." The guy I posted about didn't.

Many years ago I used to catfish in Library park in Lakeport. They had a regular group of Homeless drunks who hung out there and at times it was quite frightening. One night as my buddy and I sat there a guy who was beat and bleeding walked out on the dock and untied a $30,000 to $40,000 boat. We didn't realize it until nearly to late when it came floating by us. As my buddy hooked the rope and started pulling the boat back to the slip, the owner and his buddy came upon my buddy. It took some serious explaining to keep from getting his ass kicked. We called the cops and gave then a description and they knew who he was.

To make a long story short, as everyone says, "It goes on everywhere." I lived in a well to do neighborhood in Sonoma. We had a jogging bandit. He ran twice a day to check peoples habits and would slip in the houses at night when he was comfortable that people were not home.

I really and truly do not have a stake in this north/south thing. It does not exist except for fisherman who find it convenient to launch near home. In fact there is no North South animosities.

Now that this Jerk off has been apprehended I wouldn't hesitate to fish south again if I wanted to. Nice had a family of trained thieves in the early 90s. Once they were sent away things got better.

For those of you who said you won't shop at Jimmy's please put yourself in his position. I know the fishing has slowed because of the economy and the last thing a bait shop owner needs is have his area get a bad rep because of it. Thinking that way because he blew up in frustration with me just isn't fair. I know there's a lot of things I'd do different looking back and I know all fisherman except Jesus realize they would too.

The pecker head who broke into cars has been stopped. They now know who he was and I'm sure if he ever sets for in a two block radius he'll be on the run soon. You've also heard about the security placed at the night tournaments. Where else can you get that? Someone watching your vehicle while you play! Clearlake people are stepping up to the plate to keep the community competitive.

Ed at Tackle it is my friend. Troy and Dave at Clearlake Outdoors as well as Bob Higgins give me curbside service. I shop at all of them. I don't get down to Clearlake nearly as much as I'd like to because of distance but I have been in both stores and they are top notch. I just shake my head in wonderment when someone accuses me of bias.

One more thing. In the middle 90s there was shooting on the Rez because of tribal disputes. I was planning on moving up here. My friends were worried about that and said, "Don't move up there, the Indians are shooting each other!" I looked at them and said, "How does that affect me? I'm not moving onto the reservation."

It's the same way with thieves and addicts. 98% of all thieves and addicts commit acts of violence against other thieves and addicts. I truthfully have not heard of any more home invasions or crime and violence perpetrated toward good citizens since I moved here than when I lived in Sonoma. I have never heard of any violence at ramps except for ne'er-do-well on ne'er-do-well.

Okay apology time. I sincerely hope my post didn't affect any Redbud business. You guys are all great and good people. Perhaps you can advise me on how to handle a situation like this next time without turning a blind eye toward it. I'd be very willing to listen.

When everything is said and done, I think tempers flared to readily from all directions. I know that you all know that I can get a little hot headed. Please don't turn psychologist on me and start reading between the lines on this post. This is exactly and honestly what I feel.

Redbud is a safe place and good place to launch. Pay everyone down there a visit and have a drink at Silk's

Greg Cornish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Greg Cornish
Default Re: Don't Blame Jimmy

They got him.

Greg Cornish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in