» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2011, 12:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Just an Idea

I have been speaking to some people about a possible spring tournament and here is one of the ideas...
Paybacks are based on 100 boat field...
$250 Entry

Which Includes

$50 Big Fish
Pays Top 3
1st gets $3000
2nd gets $1250
3rd gets $750

$190 Place Money
Pays 1-10
1st $8000
2nd $4000
3rd $2000
4th $1500
5th $1000
6th $700
7th $600
8th $500
9th $400
10th $300

$10 Insurance Fee...Standard...

If you finish in top 10 you get your entries back plus a little...

What do you think??
texas john is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2011, 12:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Just an Idea

You gave an extra $1000 for big fish ..... looks good though!
Jon Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2011, 01:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

John;
Thank You, for posting this.

D&M Custom Baits, has been thinking about giving back to the fishermen that have supported us over the years. This would be using our products only,
(D&M Custom Baits)

We would sure like to get everyones input. The pay out would almost 100% Pay Back. We would have to get a great TD and staff that would work for reasonable wages.

I am trying to give the fishermen a great chance to win some good money.
I can also do as other TD have done in the past and pay back further places by going to 1 n 5 pay back. This would pay back maybe up to 25 places. With less money going to the top finishers.

This setup would allow everyone to be in the Big Fish Pay Back.
No Options, everyone is in Big Fish money. If you do not want to stay around?
We will mail your check to you, maybe you have other fishing?
This would be a 1 day (Saturday) tournament on Clearlake and maybe one on the Ca. Delta?

I have talk to several folks about when the timing would be right for such a tournament. I was thinking just in front of another big tournament like the "Holder Ford" in March? 2012

Please give us some dates that would be special for you. I know we can not please everyone. But we hope to give you the dates you want.

Now this is just a dream of ours, so without your help and support it will not happen. I know there is way to many tournaments, so speak up.
http://www.dmcustombaits.com/
dmcustombaits@wavecable.com
Maddoglures is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2011, 01:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Ramos
You gave an extra $1000 for big fish ..... looks good though!
Fixed!!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

John; are you thinking of a personal tournament or bait manufacturers tournament ?
The idea of annual mfg's tournaments are great ideas.
Ranger Boat owners
Triton Boat owners
Snag Proof
Berkley
Yamamoto
Maddog D&M
not to mention all the special once a year benefit tournaments on particular waters.
They are good for the sponsors and good for the charities. I also know that if my tournament was $200 or more entry fee and even though it is to raise money for our disabled veterans at Project Healing Waters, I would have no participants.
I believe people fish Triton to win a boat. People fish Snag Proof for recognition and so on. Plus, where in the world can you have a tournament without a conflict with another tournament going on somewhere else in the state. Mine is in conflict this year with Triton tournament, so I'm pretty much going to loose a few boats there, last year we conflicted with a TOC somewhere. Problems now days is you get your permit 6 months or more in advance, then a few months later you find out there is other tournaments being held, one over there by Hank Parker, or one over there by Snag Proof and they have Skeet Reese doing autographs. I thought Sundays was a good idea, but lat year I had complaints of people missing Sunday football games; so this year I moved to Saturday, oh well. You do the best you can. It's tough. Best idea yet was CBC on fridays, only conflicts seemed to be with people prefishing for pro-ams or some pro team circuit or people traveling to a circuit.
This is just my .o2
Old 08-12-2011, 09:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Steve Reed

I think a neat tournament would be a two day with the Delta and say Berryessa. Could be fun. Travel costs and logistics kind of confuse the issue but it would make for an interesting tournament. Berryessa first day and then Delta so you have the optimism of "everyone is still in it" on day two and you could probably draw some delta rats that would otherwise not leave the river.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

Good idea; I tried to get a spring classic 2x2 going in the Motherlode once. First day McClure, second day Don Pedro. But could'nt get it off the ground.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIGS
Good idea; I tried to get a spring classic 2x2 going in the Motherlode once. First day McClure, second day Don Pedro. But could'nt get it off the ground.
2x2's are fun but they need to have a big distinction between the Fisheries - from a spotted bass fishery to a Smally or Largemouth fisher from a Resivior to the Delta or Clear Lake - this makes for an interesting field as you have river sticks that may struggle on the ponds and visa versa - you go from a spot factory to a big fish factory and you can flip the whole series on its head with one fish.

Dale and John I think for a Manufacture tournament an ALL IN at 250.00 simple payouts - 1-5 (as the point with most manufacture tournaments is to really get Everyone involved and happy and talkign about the event) DM makes enough variety of baits to really make this a fun event - I think Clear Lake would showcase your baits very well -
ash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddoglures
John;
Thank You, for posting this.

D&M Custom Baits, has been thinking about giving back to the fishermen that have supported us over the years. This would be using our products only,
(D&M Custom Baits)

We would sure like to get everyones input. The pay out would almost 100% Pay Back. We would have to get a great TD and staff that would work for reasonable wages.

I am trying to give the fishermen a great chance to win some good money.
I can also do as other TD have done in the past and pay back further places by going to 1 n 5 pay back. This would pay back maybe up to 25 places. With less money going to the top finishers.

This setup would allow everyone to be in the Big Fish Pay Back.
No Options, everyone is in Big Fish money. If you do not want to stay around?
We will mail your check to you, maybe you have other fishing?
This would be a 1 day (Saturday) tournament on Clearlake and maybe one on the Ca. Delta?

I have talk to several folks about when the timing would be right for such a tournament. I was thinking just in front of another big tournament like the "Holder Ford" in March? 2012

Please give us some dates that would be special for you. I know we can not please everyone. But we hope to give you the dates you want.

Now this is just a dream of ours, so without your help and support it will not happen. I know there is way to many tournaments, so speak up.
Let me know if it happens ! I will send you some stuff to give away, things that you do not make !
Jigs
Old 08-13-2011, 12:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

The reason for the post was to get some feedback and I appreciate what we have gotten so far. The idea of a manufactor tournament of this size would be great. If someone has suggestions please let me know.

There is a ton of ideas out there right now about tournaments and paybacks. I think this is a good sign that people are wanting to try to do more for the anglers out there!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in