» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2011, 12:41 AM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: Future Pro fish mortality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Cornish
Why are FPT fisherman stupid?
Their still fishing it!?!?

couch-pet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2011, 12:47 AM   #22 (permalink)

It's actually fairly simple. First it is primarily the anglers responsibilty to take care of his fish. How does he do this? 4 things; 1) run your livewell continously on manual the entire tournament. 2) Add rejuvenate. 3) Learn how to fizz fish. There are plenty of articles and videos on the subject. DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!! 4) Add ice. Remember anglers, these are your fish, not the TD's fish. Secondly the TD ought to discuss at every meeting the importance of taking care of fish all year long. This might be best accomplished with handouts at registration time that point out ways of taking care of your fish. I think that anglers should shoulder the responsibility for themselves. Some fish are going to die when caught and that is just the way of fishing. But when this many die it's something the anglers did or didn't do. It's not what the TD didn't do.
stratosman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 12:55 AM   #23 (permalink)

Stratosman well said. Greg this is the pot stirring everyone talks about. No one is calling people stupid. These guys are inexperienced and should have done their research before they started fishing. Hopefully anglers will learn from this. As I have said two other times I will be more than happy to do a seminar on fish handling for free to help insure that the fish that are caught are handled correctly. I hope things have been learned by everyone and that this won't happen again.
Greg if you are going to name call please go to another thread. I would like to keep it positive and hopefully the right people will see this and everyone can move forward in a win-win situation.
www.dobynsrods.com
www.monsterfishingtackle.com
www.jigmonster.com
Roger Saraiba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2011, 01:25 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Greg Cornish

Okay Roger, avoid my questions.

I was being facetious. I thought your recognize that. Why are FTP guys less experienced? Everyone says in these threads, they aren't really rookies, just cherry pickers looking or cheap entries. That I guess is the point you kept missing or avoiding. You seem to be one of the few that think they are inexperienced.

Over

Greg Cornish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 01:40 AM   #25 (permalink)

Greg,
I think the vast majority of them are true rookies. I think people are complaining about the lifetime FPT guys that continually cash a check. I was not trying to avoid your questions. No I did not get the fact that you were trying to be facetious. I do not get your humor I will be the first to admit that. Seems to me that you get involved in stuff and always fall back on the " that guy didn't get my humor" or other excuses. i was hoping to get some ideas or offer help to this situation. It is not my intent to get in a pi$$ing match with you.
www.dobynsrods.com
www.monsterfishingtackle.com
www.jigmonster.com
Roger Saraiba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 02:09 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Actually I challenge you to find anything on any forum where I have ever used my humor as an excuse. Other people say that, not me. I just thought I was a normal guy until people started telling me I had a sense of humor.

You notice in my replies I try to keep names out of it, but I guess people think it's a way of outing me if they think know the person I'm speaking of and blurt it out. I respect most people's privacy and realize they might not like their name mentioned in these discussions.

However, since you brought up the name Ed Carke, I'd be very interested in hearing his opinion on this but since you brought his name up, I think it's only fair you invite him into the conversation. Invite him to tell you what he thinks. I'm sure he'll have to respond now. I know he reads this forum.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:25 AM   #27 (permalink)

Greg used to be funny....Then the doctor must have switched his meds....

At any rate if there was a pound penalty per dead fish I bet Jimmy would have sold all the ice he could get his hands on. Unfortunately you have to teach guys the lesson in fish care the hard way. Lets see a guy who looses by a pound dead fish penalty make that mistake again...And as for floaters...Someone should have seen the problem and stepped up...I really think it was stress and oxygen issues not the bends but I wasn't there.

As stated already dead fish are going to happen....I have had fish die on me...I learned better ways to take care of them....Make the penalty more severe and watch everyone get right in line...Why do you think they call it a "fish care penalty" in BASS?

Now for the twist...If fish are presented alive to the weigh master, those fish should have a almost 100% live release rate. There is no excuse for fish that are alive at the scales to die...That is poor planning and execution period...You guys can twist it any way till Sunday. There is no way you will convince me that fish presented to the scales alive then die floating around the ramp isn't the organizations fault.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #28 (permalink)

Why are the dead fish being put back in the lake in the first place? And if they were alive when released and died later, then why did the staff not go down to the water and pop the fish themselves? You would think the FPT would of wanted to try and save as many floaters as possible so that they wouldnt get all the negative publicity that they are getting now.

Sometimes in the summer it may be better to shut the **** mic off and just get the fish from the livewells to the scale and back to the lake as quickly as possible. I wouldnt be surprised if most of these fish died from being in the bag to **** long.

-John Wayne

brian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 09:39 AM   #29 (permalink)

It just baffles me that guys are always quick to blame someone else for their negligence. How in the world do you catch fish, put into a small confined area, with warm water, little to no oxygen, banging around all day, take (your) fish to weigh in, (your) fish are handed back to you to release alive and well. How in the world do you blame someone else for the way to handled your fish all day? Did all these tournament fishermen just start fishing yesterday? Then you want to release them at the launch ramp in the worst possible summer time water conditions and expect them to swim away healthy, un-stressed. You anglers know in advance this is going to happen, yet you still fish for the (money). If you honestly cared about the Bass, you would refuse to fish the hotest time of the year in possibly the worst conditions, all knowing that your fish are going to be stressed and may die. Then complain that it is the directors fault. The only fault he may be guilty of, is doing what the anglers want, and holding the tournament at the worst possible time of year. Why should any director be chastised, hung out to dry, for anglers being ignorant or just plain stupid when it comes to the care of their Bass, in their livewells, handed to a weigh master stressed and or expired due to the lack of proper care. Some fish are always going to die, no matter what time of year; all living things handle stress differently, thats just the way it is. Put some people in an air tight box for a day, toss them around, see how they all turn out? You guys, most of you, fish tournaments all year; does someone have to tell you to turn on your running lights in the A.M., or how to start your engine, or put your life vest on and kill switch, or what rod, reel, line and bait to use; or hey don't forget to put gas in your boat or charge your batteries. Who do you blame for not doing these things?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:55 AM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Is the Clear Lake only rule still in effect or has that been suspended? The rule of releasing the fish at least 2 miles from the weigh in and 200 yards offshore?

There was talk of doing away with it, but if it's still in effect it should be announced in the rules of events happening at Clear Lake.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in