» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Boat Insurance

I need boat insurance... My boat is a few years old and cost a little over 20k new...I only have maybe $3000 of tackle and rods/reels... I'm looking for a decent provider at a reasonable cost... Can someone please point me in the right direction..?

My bank added on close to $4000 (for their ins. premium)to the loan after my insurance lapsed last year... They made it sound like they were only gonna add $40 to each months payment until I provide my own insurance... But I just got off the phone and they said the extra $40 will not come off now for the remainder of the loan ...Kinda shady if you ask me...
BuckSnort is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Boat Insurance

1-800-bass-boat

absolutely the BEST!

Dan

ReelEx - Express Reel Service
Guaranteed 96 hour turnaround (650) 454-4938
Your source for professional quality service with Shimano reels
reelex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

progressive has been good to me. Had a 3 year old Triton, fished the **** out of it and it got stolen. Progressive gave back 100% of boat cost and tackle $ (keep them reciepts) maybe theres better but well worth to look into!
Travis Tate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2011, 06:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckSnort
I need boat insurance... My boat is a few years old and cost a little over 20k new...I only have maybe $3000 of tackle and rods/reels... I'm looking for a decent provider at a reasonable cost... Can someone please point me in the right direction..?

My bank added on close to $4000 (for their ins. premium)to the loan after my insurance lapsed last year... They made it sound like they were only gonna add $40 to each months payment until I provide my own insurance... But I just got off the phone and they said the extra $40 will not come off now for the remainder of the loan ...Kinda shady if you ask me...
whichever u choose ask about a discount for taking the online coast guard saftey course, state farm gives me 20 percent for that...
kujomon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Also check with the company that handles your homeowners insurance. Depending on the company, you might get a pretty good deal.
coyote268 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Call bob Perry on shields ave in fresno, he is a state farm agent, been a tournament fisherman since the early 70s, so he knows what kind of coverage a boater needs!!

U.S.N.  1963-1969
Mr gambler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2011, 08:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

Progressive ! Hey you can even insure your boat for one day if you wish to, or a borrowed boat.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
rat

I'm sure all of the companies mentioned are good or people wouldn't have recommended them but I can only speak of what I have personal experience with and my experience with Boat US insurance is much better than I ever would have expected. Their prices are more than reasonable and they handle claims quickly and fairly (I had a total loss claim). I would definitely recommend getting a quote from them to see how they compare.

Ron
rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

i have 1800 bassboat. I looked around and they me the best coverage for the price. If your a vet you can also check with USAA.
bassbasset is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2011, 12:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAT
I'm sure all of the companies mentioned are good or people wouldn't have recommended them but I can only speak of what I have personal experience with and my experience with Boat US insurance is much better than I ever would have expected. Their prices are more than reasonable and they handle claims quickly and fairly (I had a total loss claim). I would definitely recommend getting a quote from them to see how they compare.

Ron
When I got my first boat I insured it with BoatUS. They seemed OK, so I stayed with them when I got my second (current) boat. After a couple of years with the second boat my premium suddenly doubled, no explanation. I never had a claim, was never late with my premium, never had a lapse of coverage. I went with Progressive, ended up paying less for the same coverage AND ended up with the "Disappearing Deductible". Unfortunately, I let my coverage lapse so I have to start over...I am thinking of checking out Fish-On and 1-800-BASSBOAT, but Progressive is still an option...
Stratos278 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in