» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default BBT (Best Bass Tournaments) Qualifications!

For those who need to know NOW! Feel free to pass on! - Todd

2012 BBT Qualifications

PARTICIPANTS AND ELIGIBILITY: No team or individual will be allowed to fish if
they individually or collectively have won more than $6000 and/or finished in the top 10
in the points race in a Pro-Am event (as a Pro) during a given season. Money won from
the back seat of a Pro/Am event and/or any TOC does not count towards an individual’s
winnings. Also, any individual(s) that are found to be a highly qualified team in any
one Region may be asked to compete in a different Region of the BBT Circuit. The BBT
also reserves the right to ask any team that is found to be overly qualified to move up
and fish at the next level and not participate in the BBT events. Any angler who has
qualified for a Pro Championship (100% BASS, B.A.S.S., F.L.W., EVERSTART, WESTERN BASS, W.O.N., ANGLER’S CHOICE, ABA, WEST COAST BASS, FEDERATION, REDMAN or CBC) in the past 10 years could be deemed ineligible to fish on the BBT tour. All participants must be current members of the BBT to be eligible to participate. (Once an angler or team has been found eligible for that season, he or she will be allowed to finish and complete that full year including the T.O.C.) Final decision of all contestants being allowed to participate will be at the tournament director’s discretion, and or BBT Advisory Board.

BBT Advisory Board: Advisory board will be comprised of but not limited to: People
in and out of our industry, Anglers, and Directors of the BBT. Board will meet every
September to discuss procedures, Rule changes and Angler Eligibility for the up and
coming year. Full discloser of all Decisions and Topics will be made Public i.e.: BBT
newsletter, BBT website.
Big Bear Fishing Rods - www.bigbearfishingrods.com
Team - www.geemoto.com
Samuraiti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2011, 12:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: BBT (Best Bass Tournaments) Qualifications!

Seems pretty standard.

Thanks for the update, I like the idea of the advisory board!!
texas john is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2011, 01:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Any angler who has qualified for a Pro Championship (100% BASS, B.A.S.S., F.L.W., EVERSTART, WESTERN BASS, W.O.N., ANGLER’S CHOICE, ABA, WEST COAST BASS, FEDERATION, REDMAN or CBC) in the past 10 years could be deemed ineligible to fish on the BBT tour.

This should be interesting. The key word in this rule is COULD. I was always taught, rules are rules. no, ifs, and or buts....or Could in this case. You might want to change that one. Plus i cant wait to see how many people sign up that have qualified for a TOC. You pretty much excluded every team except first year guys considering all you have to do these days is sign up to qualify for a TOC. Just too many loop holes. I dont get it.
Bails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2011, 01:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

Open it up to all or don't have it at all . I would like to fish but I don't think I can with these rules . I have found over the years that when you fish against the best you fish better . They make you better. Lower dollar entries = more entries regardless of the rules . I know Randy will do a great job but don't leave a real large group of anglers on the outside looking in . Let us all come and play .
Hardcore Bass Fishing
bassman10.66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2011, 03:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Loop holes like a MFER! I thought this was NOT gonna be a rookie series that allows some cherry pickin if your in the in? Anyone that fishes most of the said series within question makes the TOC just by showin up. ****, I do...

Rules should NOT be bendable, make then straight up! No offense to Randy, hes one of the best TDs in NorCal.

Just sayin...
couch-pet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2011, 06:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

You forgot Nor-Cal Bass, it was/is a regular circuit in the Motherlode.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bails
Any angler who has qualified for a Pro Championship (100% BASS, B.A.S.S., F.L.W., EVERSTART, WESTERN BASS, W.O.N., ANGLER’S CHOICE, ABA, WEST COAST BASS, FEDERATION, REDMAN or CBC) in the past 10 years could be deemed ineligible to fish on the BBT tour.

This should be interesting. The key word in this rule is COULD. I was always taught, rules are rules. no, ifs, and or buts....or Could in this case. You might want to change that one. Plus i cant wait to see how many people sign up that have qualified for a TOC. You pretty much excluded every team except first year guys considering all you have to do these days is sign up to qualify for a TOC. Just too many loop holes. I dont get it.
Balls......I don't read that like you are. Just because you qualified for a TOC does not exclude you. It must be a "Pro Championship" to do that. That's what I'm reading and understanding.

Markarian Investigations @ (209) 777-9696
USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
Cali Skum
Stage Stop Gun Shop (Atwater & Mariposa)
Fatty's Worms
Ranger Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIGS
You forgot No-Cal Bass, it was/is a regular circuit in the Motherlode.
Jigs.....Nor-Cal doesn't have a Championship so how could they include them?

USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
Cali Skum
Fatty's Worms
Old 09-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #9 (permalink)

I talked to Kevin Cheek the other day about their qualification rules, he said they wanted to walk before they ran, its like getting a new boat, the first trip out you don"t hammer down and run full throttle from the get go, so give them a year to get on their feet before you condemn them. It should turn out to be a great circuit

U.S.N.  1963-1969
Mr gambler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #10 (permalink)

My only complaint....waiting until February to play!

USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
Cali Skum
Fatty's Worms

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in