1st BBT Tournament coming up on the 14th at Millerton! - California Bass Fishing Forum
» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 1st BBT Tournament coming up on the 14th at Millerton!

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to remind everyone of the tournament coming up for the Central Region at Millerton. We have a great lineup of sponsors including a number supporting CalBassin.com! We're also holding some of the same prizes as what Randy had brought along at the other circuit (details at - http://www.bestbasstournaments.com/).

Be part of the first 500 people and you'll also receive an Ima Skimmer with your membership number on it.

Save those receipts as well from our Tackle Shop partners for additional opportunities of great prizes.

Look forward to seeing both old and new faces!
Big Bear Fishing Rods - www.bigbearfishingrods.com
Team - www.geemoto.com
Samuraiti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: 1st BBT Tournament coming up on the 14th at Millerton!

Can't wait for Saturday. Millerton has been hit hard the past 3 weeks. 8+ lbs has been winning it. Hope someone breaks 10 lbs this weekend.

Without opening the "Its not fair I can't fish" or the "Rookie leagues are ruining tournament fishing" cans of worms , who's fishing BBT Saturday?

Hey Kevin...You ready for 50 boats?
duaneg4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

The girlfriend and I are in!

U.S.N.  1963-1969
Mr gambler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'm in.......
Old 01-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Danny, Kevin let you fish? Thats cool. I'm doing the motherlode but was thinking about the central valley one as well.

I've had a few discussions with Kevin about these topics of so called "rookie leagues" and i'm convinced the BBT is not a rookie or amateur league. it is a circuit you need to be eligible for but it pretty much just excludes a few true studs. most typical anglers that fish pro teams are eligible. hopefully this will be a good thing and grow big and move our sport in the right direction. hopefully there will be a true pro team circuit in the near future that when anglers are asked to move up to the next level, they will have a place to go that draws more than 10 boats. i still believe if we had fewer circuits, we would draw more boats. however, if you can't beat em, join em!
Solar Bat Sunglasses www.solarbat.com
HCBF www.hcbass.com
Lew's www.lews.com
poorboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyWood
I'm in.......
Nice try Danny!!!
Kevin Cheek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

I am in all the way!
James Mize is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cheek
Quote:
I'm in.......
Nice try Danny!!!
come on kevin, the more the merrier. i aint scared. let everyone in! or, you should have a "call out" option. if you think you can beat an ineligible angler, you can invite him to fish a different region and put true skills to the test. i'm just saying, there are great anglers on both sides that can do just fine if they had the money to venture out to the big times.
HCBF www.hcbass.com
Lew's www.lews.com
Old 01-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cheek
Quote:
I'm in.......
Nice try Danny!!!
come on kevin, the more the merrier. i aint scared. let everyone in! or, you should have a "call out" option. if you think you can beat an ineligible angler, you can invite him to fish a different region and put true skills to the test. i'm just saying, there are great anglers on both sides that can do just fine if they had the money to venture out to the big times.
I agree,Who wants to fish a 320$to 400$ 10 boat tournament...pretty bad when you can't even fish a decent size tournament on your home lake..Very frustrating to see guys you've competed against your whole life fish these tournaments.I like what Robert is doing with ABA,it's the only game in town..Or I mean out of town...2 hrs 1 way is the closet lake to me..gets expensive if you want to fish them all...so BBT does something different next year,Has a pro team circuit...for 5 or 6 teams???I'm not bashing anyone or any circuit,maybe the all have their place,just don't like being singled out....
Old 01-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #10 (permalink)

it does seem like a lot of talent has been ran out of town. it would be great if they would all combine somehow. if five circuits are drawing 10 boats each, put them together and have 50 boats. DFG needs to look at this problem but i'm sure the revenue they receive for permits is paying for california welfare, and illegal's health care and so on. DFG issue way too many permits. think about it, how many tourneys in any given weekend at Delta or Clear Lake. ****, even Naciamento has 2-3 tourneys a weekend. C'MON MAN!

well over a thousand bass tourneys this year. check out how many permits issued for bass tournaments.

http://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FishingContests/default.aspx
HCBF www.hcbass.com
Lew's www.lews.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in