» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance
California Bass Fishing Forum

California Bass Fishing Forum (https://www.calbassin.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northern California (https://www.calbassin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Alabama Rig - The poll (https://www.calbassin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15837)

bryanmc 02-10-2012 02:22 PM

Alabama Rig - The poll

With all the talk about the A-Rig and tournament fishing, how about a poll to see where the local tournament guys stand. I've seen posts saying that banning the A-Rig will increase participation, and some that say the opposite.

Let's see what the general consensus is.

Jason33 02-10-2012 03:01 PM

Re: Alabama Rig - The poll

I voted for the dont care either way. there should be a forum page on here thats just dedicated to the A Rig.

Franklin 02-10-2012 03:05 PM

For me, it has it's place but sometimes other tools work better than the A-Rig. Got my butt kicked by it a few times, so i had to learn how to use it to stop the butt kickins.

Maddoglures 02-10-2012 04:15 PM

Fishermen should not fear this new way of presenting your offering to the bass. Just use it and make your`s get bit better than your competition.

The A-Rig use, is just now getting started. When it first showed itself, everyone thought it was just the older rig brought back to life.
But after using it, making a few changes for the the style of fishing we have in California. This rig is going to change the way fishermen fish in cailf.

One rig will not get it done in all waters, each angler will have to make his own little tweaks and or changes. This way you will have confidence in using it on any waters fished. I see everyone trying to use it right out of the package, and this is fine . But there is so much more to learn about throwing this rig. Baits get all tangled up on almost every cast. Baits must be cranked as soon as they hit the water or they get tangled.

These problems can all be solved with just a few minor changes to your rig. I see all the stores wanting the lighter weight rigs, cause the fishermen have not adjusted to the heavier weighted rigs. Any these problems can be solved with just a few months on the water. making changes to the rig on the water is the best place to get faster results.

Some of the manufacturers, use the lightest wire diameter on their rigs as a selling point. This makes the rig open and close on the retrieve with just a little twitch of the rod. But also lets every hook get caught in the fish as you drag him to the boat.

This does not take into account any of the different styles of jig heads or baits used. This rig is going to be around for a long time. Fishermen are just now starting to see this rig is way more than just Chuck n Wind. Get ready for a whole new way of fishing this rig. I see fishermen using the rig with real passion.

Greg Cornish 02-10-2012 04:47 PM

Great poll!

mark d. inman 02-10-2012 05:04 PM

http://www.fresnobee.com/2012/02/08/...e-angling.html

Ill stay with jig fishing i can fish alone side somebody throwing this bait it really no big deal it was like the swimbaits when they first went crazy its now not that much of a big deal anymore these baits will fall in line with all the other lures that have been produced in the last 5 to 10 years the newest will ware off.

fish whistle 02-10-2012 05:23 PM

i voted that i would fish either way but i do feel it shouldn't be allowed in tournaments but that aint gonna stop me from fishin tournys i aint scared

bryanmc 02-11-2012 10:54 AM

247 views but only 57 votes... interesting.

fishin 02-11-2012 10:59 AM

I have checked back to look at the vote a few times and Im sure others have as well.

Greg Cornish 02-11-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryanmc
247 views but only 57 votes... interesting.

A lot of non tournament fisherman view this board as well as guests passing through. I don't fish tournies but voted as if I did just to see the results. Might be a good idea to be enable it to see results if you don't vote.