We all better weigh in on this or no rivers will reach the sea soon - California Bass Fishing Forum
» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Greg Cornish
Default We all better weigh in on this or no rivers will reach the sea soon

http://www.lakeconews.com/index.php?...est&Itemid=197

Greg Cornish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: We all better weigh in on this or no rivers will reach the sea soon

Its been estimated for finished product too exceed 15yrs to built. The 13-15 billion that it would cost to built does'nt include breakdown's, actual material cost etc. there is an engineer in Colorado that did an estimate on cost that included breakdowns, replacement etc. He stated that is would cost the state 60 billion. One example he gave was the drill itself (same type of drill that was used in the Caltacot Tunnel in Oakland), being their drilling down at 150ft. If the drill or any related machinary break's or expires. They would have to drill over the location and this would take 2 1/2 months (Reason> safty issues, walls etc). Know just how many breakdowns occur is anyone's guess. In all "We the People" are getting buffaloed by Moonbeam and the Corporation's that own the central valley agr lands.

Mwd, will get the same amount of water no matter what is built. Same amount that is allocated today.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: We all better weigh in on this or no rivers will reach the sea soon

"Brown unveiled plans to build a $14 billion pair of tunnels -- to be willingly paid for by farmers and other water users with no need for voter input -- to move water more easily from the north to the south."

http://www.mercurynews.com/californi...ter?source=rss

This excerpt from another article really stood out to me. Farmers and other water users are willingly paying 14 billion dollars for this project. That means there is financial motivation that will exceed the 14 billion dollar expenditure. I'm becoming increasingly disgusted with the use of public resources for profit by private enterprises. I tried to access the Russian River recently and found it nearly impossible with the exception of a single public park and two bridges which I had to walk 2 miles to. Over and over again vineyards and privately owned land stood in the way of accessing a public resource. Because the Russian River flows into the ocean the actual water can't be restricted, but the land around it is, and therefore, the water is inaccessible. It really upset me that people profit from this public resource but restrict public access.

I know we see this canal issue from the side of fishermen, but even when trying to consider this unbiasedly I am at a loss for understanding. The canals aren't the answer for drinking water, they make that pretty clear by revealing who is paying for this. Even if it were sold as a drinking water solution, the researchers have already said this isn't the way to increase our water supply for the south.

Screw the Nor Cal vs. So Cal argument, this isn't about southern CA. This water will never reach So Cal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in