» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Dobyns Rods hit the Bassmaster Elite Series

CUSTOM RODS FOR THREE ELITES

"In fishing, confidence is everything." The statement sums up the appeal of Dobyns Rods for Bassmaster Elite Series pros Dave Wolak of Wake Forest, N.C.; Grant Goldbeck of Gaithersburg, Md.; and Clark Reehm of Russellville, Ark.; each of whom has a sponsorship deal with Dobyns Rods. The California-based company designs 53 types of rods, each for a particular application, such as drop-shotting, topwater, deep cranking or flipping.

"My whole life I've had an interest in custom rods and found myself buying rods from 10, 12 different companies," Goldbeck said. "The problem was, the rods would all have completely different feels. Switching out, each new rod felt awkward in my hand at first and messed with my confidence. Now, with Dobyns, I finally found a company with a rod for every technique out there, and then some."

Dobyns Rods are customized down to the finest detail, helping the individual angler create the exact stick to suit a preferred style of fishing. Guides on the rods are light and low-profile and have multiple anchor points, allowing for increased sensitivity in applications such as fishing offshore structure with a football jig, Goldbeck's favorite method.

"You want to try to eliminate any doubt in your mind when you're out there on the water  in fishing, confidence is everything," Goldbeck said. "I'm generally fishing deeper water and the bites are a lot lighter. So any advantage against the fish is crucial."

The Dobyns Rods that Goldbeck is excited to use during the 2009 Bassmaster Elite Series season include an 8-foot flip/punch rod for lakes such as Amistad and Champlain, both frequent Elite Series stops, an 8-foot swimbait rod from the Mike Long Signature Swimbait Rods series with an 18-inch handle for leverage to throw heavy bait and set the hook, and a similar rod with a 13-inch handle for throwing topwater baits so it doesn't constantly nudge the angler in the rib cage. All are Champion Series rods. The Champion Xtreme Series includes another favorite, a 7-foot, 8-inch heavy, fast-action jig rod, which Goldbeck calls the ultimate offshore football jig rod.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Dobyns Rods hit the Bassmaster Elite Series

Thanks the post Mike, glad I got to see it. We do have a few "stud" BASS staffers on board, looks like they missed Matt Herrin and Brent Broderick. Great guys.
Gary Dobyns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in