» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Greg Cornish
Default Inexpensive long lasting extendable net

These nets are about $80 in Cabelas. I spent $35 and made my own and it's better because the handle is replaceable. But, I had the paint roller handle machine fit free by a friend. If you can't then that will be extra or you can try hand grinding it to fit snuggly.

Why I like this concept is Cabelas said the drawback is the longevity of the handle, ruining the net, If this extension handle breaks you can unscrew it and get another. You can also buy longer/shorter extensions for one net.

Cheap net - Walmart $10.00
Paint roller handle or extension $ 5.00
Extendable handle - Home Depot $18.00

1. Put the extended extendable handle alongside your net and figure the length you want it when fully extended. Cut the net handle off at the appropriate place.
2. Cut to fit and machine fit or hand fit (grinding) carefully a sturdy plastic roller handle to the inside diameter of your net handle. Leave enough of the plastic outside the net handle to prevent the securement screws from screwing into your extension handle.
3. Place the roller handle adapter you created inside the handle of the net. If it's to loose use black plastic pipe wrap tape to beef up the diameter of the adapter. Insert tightly with extendable handle tightly screwed in place. Adjust the trigger on the extendable handle either up or down as the nets are reversible. Secure with two screws through the metal.

Click on photos

Greg Cornish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 01:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Inexpensive long lasting extendable net

That's funny ! I have the sme net . We think alike go figure !
Hardcore Bass Fishing
bassman10.66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in