» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
d

Default Don Pedro

Just curious and checked the fishing report section, no one ever submits reports on Motherlode lakes that I could see with the exception of Hensley and Eastman. The reason I checked was to see if anyone had been fishing Pedro so I guess not. Fished there yesterday till about 13:30 and caught one fish that was in about 52 ft. I had not been to the lake in awhile and could not believe it the lake must be down 30 ft or moore. The bait and some fish are in 50 to 80 ft of water, I found nothing in the 30 ft range and the water temp was about 80. Has anyone been on the lake? and would it be worth it to go to the river and forget about the main lake? without a weather change I dont see this lake improving, I will be going again in a week or so any suggestions?
d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2012, 06:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Don Pedro

D, actually the lake is down 72 ft. As with all or most very hot summers at Don Pedro and all the activity, yes the fish are down in the 50 to 100 ft. range, right there with the Trout and everything else. I think the Trout trollers are doing better at catching Bass than the average Bass fisherman today. Bit in all that, it won't be long, fall is just around the corner and I hear rumors of cooler weather coming.
Phil
Old 09-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

hey D
there should be some 13"ers in about 25 to 30 or right at the water temp change.in the am or if its windy they might be right on the bank. they can often be enough to get u a check in a club tourney. the trick to them deeper fish is to have your bait under them and when u see um reel up and put it right on there nose. it takes a good graph with a fresh transducer to see your dropshot or spoon in 80 but its worth it. just stay still with your bait on the bottom right under your graph when u see a fish come along reel up and intersect just as the arch is topping out. (in 80 feet your graph is printing a 30 foot circle. the top of the arch will narrow that a little since thats when the fish is the closeest.) its important to suprize the fish so you get a reaction bite u dont want to get in front of it too early. if you can get a few fish on they will puke shad and often a frenzy will start. i rig about 10 feet or so of line under my drop shot so the fish dosnt go for the weight (1/2 oz catfish sinker) its almost like watchin tv sometimes. you can call the bites when the fish chases your bait.

good luck

joe bruce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Joe!!!!!! U still alive? Good to c u post! Hope you and your family are well.

Fish whatever shade you can find, fish whatever base of a tree you can find, fish any open water shade as well. Any running water will have some bait or fish nearby.

points in the morning shade during the day. RR
richierich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

All the trout guides are catching largemouths...Hmmmm...I would have some spoons in my boat
Old 09-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

If there that deep rapala jiggin rap ice jigs work great
centralcalbassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in