» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Tatsu flouro line

I am a fan of flouro and have tried most. Seaguar makes good stuff ( in my opinion) and I was looking for some feedback ( likes/dislikes) on the Tatsu. Other than it costs as much as a steak dinner.
stogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Tatsu flouro line

Amazing line. It hurts paying for it until you're able to get out and really fish with it. I've only used the 8lb and lighter and am very impressed with it. Far better than any other line that I have used.

I've heard that the 15lb and 20lb are similar to other fluoro lines out there and can't tell much of a difference.
DedicatedTEN.com
RenningerElectric.com
Bass Quest Magazine
j-fishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
rat

I just seen this line at the Sport Chalet in Concord on sale for $19.00 a spool + another 20% off(normally $39). They have several spools left in the 6-10lb size. A great deal if you like this line...a little too stretchy for me but I hear it is really good on spinning gear.

Ron
rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

The cost isn't so bad when you use it as leader on spinning rods. I think other floro works just as good on baitcasters when using 12lb or bigger so don't waste the money.
n2fshin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

It's the best line available in US. Seaguar has more things in the works in the JDM market that may be coming our way soon but for now Tatsu is the absolute best in my opinion. It is spendy but as stated before if you're using it for topshots, a filler spool will last you a long time. I use it up to 12lb test. Anything over that the fish are obviously not as line shy so I choose to use the Abrazix. As far as stretch, Tatsu has VERY little. That is one of the properties that makes it so sensitive. Now the Invizix....that's stretchy!
Bite the bullet and give it a shot. It'll last longer than other lines and performs better than anything I've ever used.
SEAGUAR.COM
SIMMSFISHING.COM
LADIES MAN CUSTOM BAITS
Jason Milligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Love it, great line worth every penny
J-Lure jigs
Hard Core Bass Fishing Apparel
stickman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

I use 6lb# up to 20# and I love it! All I use. Jig rods with 20# 1-1/2 years old. Good to go!
Dom E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

What Jason said. In fact I cant even imagine using any other fluorocarbon lines anymore. As far as the bigger line not making a difference...I would say that comparatively speaking it is far superior to others in the same class. I can throw the 15 in place of most 20 or even 25 lb. lines if needed but generally speaking I use 20lb. TAT where I would use another 20 lb. flouro in the past. You will notice the line diameter is much smaller than others its size, which will in turn let your bait move more freely, be less visible, less stretch=better hook penetration and more sensitive, more abrasion resistant, and its still a heck of a lot stronger than anything out there. Think when you would normally use 20lb or larger, all of the above would be things to consider. Try it once and you won't be disappointed. Also, just as Jason said, top shoting will save you major bucks. play with different leader lengths for different techniquis nd conditions.

Mike Tuck
Mike Tuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in