"Future Pro""? I hate to beat a dead horse but....... - California Bass Fishing Forum
» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2009, 01:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default "Future Pro""? I hate to beat a dead horse but.......

Below are the requirements for the FPT. After reading these again for the 100th time....I have mixed feelings. For example....."You are NOT eligible to fish if you have more than once, won over $6,000 (in cash) individually or as part of a team in any one season". I feel if you've won more than $3,000 in any season you are no longer a "Future" Pro. I'm there partner! Geesh Give me a break. If I won a few "decent" tourneys with a field of some good sticks......I'd be embarrassed to fish these types of tourneys. They not only allow winning $6k in a season...you have to do it twice?

Here's the next one that gets me......"You are NOT eligible to fish if you have fished more than once as a pro (boater) in Pro/Am competition". Boy looking at the entries over the last few years.....hmmmm...I'm not to sure these rules are applying to everyone.

Then you have this rule: "You are NOT eligible to fish if you have won more than one prize boat". More than one? Wow! Let me win a boat....I'd never fish as an "amateur" again!
That's just me.

These are just my opinions...everyone has them. I did also notice they didn't know how to spell "amateur" so go figure.

One last thing....I hear ya brother who spoke about letting someone fish as a "Future Pro" even though he's well over qualified but allowed to because he is fishing with his son. Interesting.

Let the hate mail begin. Trust me I can take it.

You are NOT eligible to fish the Future Pro Tour if any of the following apply:

If you have fished more than once as a pro (boater) in Pro/Am competition.
If you have more than once, won over $6,000 (in cash) individually or as part of a team in any one season. Money won as a amatuer in Pro/Am competition or specialty events is excluded.
If you have finished more than once as team Anglers Of The Year in organized (non-club) pro team or amatuer team competition. This applies even if you have fished with different partners.
If you have finished in the top 5 in the point standings more than 3 times during any pro team season.
If you have won more than one prize boat, engine, or vehicle while fishing as a pro in any pro/am or pro team competition. Prizes won in specialty events such as Snagproof Open, Vanity Cup, etc., are excluded.
If you have won more than one prize boat, engine, or vehicle fishing as a amatuer in any circuit.
If you have won more than one TOC championship in any amatuer or pro team circuit. This applies even if your championship win did not include a boat, vehicle, or engine as first prize.

Markarian Investigations @ (209) 777-9696
USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
Cali Skum
Stage Stop Gun Shop (Atwater & Mariposa)
Fatty's Worms
Ranger Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2009, 02:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Greg Cornish
Default Re: "Future Pro""? I hate to beat a dead horse but.......

Greg Cornish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

This whole concept is dumb as **** in my eyes. Have team tournaments and that's it. If some guys want to make the jump up to the bigger pro events then have at it. To the guys that think they need a special circuit because they compete with certain teams.. grow up. DON'T FISH IF YOU CAN'T HANG. All these orgs trying to cater to everyone is a joke in my eyes.
Curry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Greg your killing me!!!!

USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
Cali Skum
Fatty's Worms
Old 03-11-2009, 02:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

First i want to say this is not a personal attack on anyone who has posted on this topic or Vince and his circuit...you and i DO NOT refer to a person or myself they are generic terms i am using to explain myself....
I think some of the rules are so so...i agree with your points but what if you are that blind squirrel and dont cash a check in any event you have fished over 3 seasons and catch a pig in a T.O.C that you qualified in 50th place to be in? NUT!!! u just won a boat... Does that make you a pro because you won a boat? I agree with the money part of it i think $6,000 is a little high i get the pro/am part of it be excluded thats just the luck of the draw and you dont have to catch a single fish to win money...but $6,000 in a year say $4,000 total...thats it not more than once I mean $12,000???? I know i handfull of guys that have won that much. I also think since FLW and National Guard SHOULD count towards these rules because they are NOT shared weight formats. I also think some of these things should be combined...say one year you win a boat and the year after you are angler of the year or you finish high enough to win over $6,000 then the combo should keep you out..The pro/am more than once...i dont care if you have fished 100 pro/ams on the front of the boat that doesnt make you a pro...i fish a year 4 tournaments as a boater and finish last every tourney????am i a pro...nope...like you said we all have opinions and if you think that its a joke and these rules are like fishing a team tourney and not SEMI-pro...sign up what do you hafta lose...well except your money in a SEMI-pro event that draws over 100 boats...if everyone is asking for a team tourney and everyone says FPT is unfair and the rules are a joke then isnt this a team tournament that is just mislabeld ...Im getting my popcorn ready...
Old 03-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Stretch....I'm with you actually. Your right about the T.O.C. part. Many times a guy does get "lucky" in them and wins big. How can you exclude that? I have no idea. The Pro-Am part I agree too but, it's in their rules with no exemptions. I have been told by Vince himself that certain Pro-Am's don't qualify such as Nor-Cal.

Also I am NOT faulting any angler who is fishing these events.....rule are rules. If your within those rules and feel you aren't competitive enough enjoy yourself.

USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
Cali Skum
Fatty's Worms
Old 03-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Cornish
Here's a smiley for that Greg:

CatfishEd.com
catfished is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2009, 11:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Greg where do you get this stuff? Keep it up!
Dom E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Greg Cornish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom E
Greg where do you get this stuff? Keep it up!
Google Beating a dead horse, then click images.

Greg Cornish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in