» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default No More Monopoly?

First off I would like to congratulate and thank Jeff Billings for stepping up to the plate and giving all of us this new forum, very impressive!

I don't know how the rest of you feel but all I can say is, it's about time.
IMHO the old forum (WB) was like the Union, in it's early days it was all about the people, but sadly, it's all about the money and the power now a days. I guess if you don't have the money to pay for the high advertising rates they had the power to make it hard on you, I believe things have changed with this new site.

I'm sure WB will always have their faithful posting in the forums as usual but I find it hard to believe that sponsors will stick it out with the outrageous advertising rates they are now charging.

For the last couple of years I have noticed a negative tone developing on the old forum anyway, every time WB was brought up in dock side conversation someone was upset about the way they or their friends were being treated by the WB administration and their holier than thou attitude.

Now it looks like things have changed and the monopoly is spent, they will forced to either change their ways or fade away like the Banjo Minnow and Helicopter Lure.

Thanks again Jeff.

tobe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2008, 11:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: No More Monopoly?

Nice try Mike. I see right through your attempt at trying to get people off of your excellent Banjo Minnow and Helicopter Lure bite.

revrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2008, 11:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Mike, the response has been overwhelming so far.

We hope to have some real cool new things up and running in the next few weeks and months so stay tuned and for now enjoy the forums.
zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2008, 02:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
hippie

Sweet job on the forum but if you visited the south WB. I still didn't care They banned me evrey few months it was like tony loved me.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2008, 02:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

well coming from someone who was PRE banned weekly this is QUITE the sight for sore eyes... As everyone knows the main reason I was banned NUMEROUS times was the fact that I called it like it was and called BS when I saw it... Hawgroper was banned from NCBF for calling out a sponsor (s) and Bassbones was banned for my INFAMOUS freedom of speech post at wich point I made it a personal MISSION to be the most disruptive person I could ( wich is pretty disruptive ) to get my pint across... Well I have been here 2 days and first off AWESOME job and this has the mood of NCBF about 10 years ago.... second well FRICKING GREAT JOB !!!!!
bassbones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2008, 04:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassbones
well coming from someone who was PRE banned weekly this is QUITE the sight for sore eyes... As everyone knows the main reason I was banned NUMEROUS times was the fact that I called it like it was and called BS when I saw it... Hawgroper was banned from NCBF for calling out a sponsor (s) and Bassbones was banned for my INFAMOUS freedom of speech post at wich point I made it a personal MISSION to be the most disruptive person I could ( wich is pretty disruptive ) to get my pint across... Well I have been here 2 days and first off AWESOME job and this has the mood of NCBF about 10 years ago.... second well FRICKING GREAT JOB !!!!!

yeah the good old days..... where you could tell it like it is good or bad........
Old 11-27-2008, 11:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

$2400 a year is not all that expensive for a years advertising considering the size of there daily and monthly traffic. Have you seen what it costs to advertise on other sites?

Advertising on the BBC is about 100 a month and not sure the traffic draws in the numbers of WB.

Advertising on the BFHP (wmi.org) on the boats and motors is $500 a month (6,000/yr), 3 month min. All other pages are $150 a month, 3 month min.

Now that makes WB price of $2400 look very attractive.

This is just web advertising. Have you seen what it costs to put an ad in a magazine? This is why you see so many web advertisers and very few of these same guys in print.

The $2400 on WB comes with a lot of positives as does the advertising here. The standard ad rate here is $900/yr and it is a brand new site with a great potential but an unknown figure of traffic at this time.

Not an advertiser on WB and probably won't be. but we spend a lot in advertising in both print and web.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobe
First off I would like to congratulate and thank Jeff Billings for stepping up to the plate and giving all of us this new forum, very impressive!

IMHO the old forum (WB) was like the Union, in it's early days it was all about the people, but sadly, it's all about the money and the power now a days. I guess if you don't have the money to pay for the high advertising rates they had the power to make it hard on you, I believe things have changed with this new site.

I'm sure WB will always have their faithful posting in the forums as usual but I find it hard to believe that sponsors will stick it out with the outrageous advertising rates they are now charging.

For the last couple of years I have noticed a negative tone developing on the old forum anyway, every time WB was brought up in dock side conversation someone was upset about the way they or their friends were being treated by the WB administration and their holier than thou attitude.

Now it looks like things have changed and the monopoly is spent, they will forced to either change their ways or fade away like the Banjo Minnow and Helicopter Lure.

Thanks again Jeff.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:18 AM   #8 (permalink)

whats up HOLLYWOOD.......
bruizer343 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2008, 09:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Boat Outlet, Inc.
$2400 a year is not all that expensive for a years advertising considering the size of there daily and monthly traffic. Have you seen what it costs to advertise on other sites? I guess you could use the same rationale that when we were paying $4.00 a gal. for gas it wasn't all that expensive considering people in Europe are paying over $6.00
Advertising on the BBC is about 100 a month and not sure the traffic draws in the numbers of WB.

Advertising on the BFHP (wmi.org) on the boats and motors is $500 a month (6,000/yr) Only four companies advertising on this page, 3 month min. All other pages are $150 a month, 3 month min. look again, $1800/yr for the fishing reports page and only $1200/yr for all other pages

Now that makes WB price of $2400 look very attractive.

Maybe to WB

This is just web advertising. Have you seen what it costs to put an ad in a magazine? This is why you see so many web advertisers and very few of these same guys in print.

The $2400 on WB comes with a lot of positives as does the advertising here. The standard ad rate here is $900/yr Now that is attractive and it is a brand new site with a great potential but an unknown figure of traffic at this time.

Not an advertiser on WB and probably won't be. but we spend a lot in advertising in both print and web.
So what you are saying is, your company spends a lot of money advertising on the web and $2400/yr is great deal for a years worth of advertising but you probably won't advertise with WB, great point hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobe

Thanks again Jeff.

tobe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

Tobe, If our company had sales inside the USA, yes we would advertise, since all our sales are to overseas customers, no we wouldn't spend 2400 a year to advertise where are market is not.. Make sense?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in