» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2009, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Greg Cornish
Default Electronics

I had a Bottom Line tournament 3310 with the first Sidefinder technology, and liked it a lot. I busted the transducer and had to wait nearly 6 months to get another and I paid $10 more than I did for the whole outfit. Bottom line was bought by Johnson Outdoors but never produced again, however you can order some parts. While in for service the transducer was busted again. I was telling my brother about it and he said, "I think those transducers for the Tournament series are all the same. I have one of those. ****, I'll send you the whole thing." He sent me this, a Bottom Line Tournament HR.

http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,BL-01-3051.html

A big step up from my 3310. Has anyone ever used (or using) one of these? It also has a flasher, but I'm not really sure what a flasher is supposed to do or what it's advantages/disadvantages are..

Greg Cornish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Electronics

Don't worry about the flasher. It is a real-time representation of soundings. They were popular in the paper graph days and newer units have a similar "bar" representation on the edge. The graph picture is just as usable if you keep in mind you are viewing past information. Did you get the mapping hardware? That may be useful to learn.
Robert F is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

I have a compatible hand held GPS but I don't think it has it's own software. It'd be light years old anyway. I have an iPhone and all my coordinates punched in. I've been fish CL since the 1900s and know everywhere I want to go anyway.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

Looks like you are set Greg. Just use it like the other one. Enjoy that big screen!
Robert F is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've been using one of these for last 8 years and loved it. It recently failed and Humminbird said they no longer can get parts, so I replaced it. You mentioned you can still get parts....Where? Do you know where to get service? I hate to throw it away as it cost $600. I think problem is unit and not transducer, so if I can't get it fixed I will have a good transducer if somebody wants it.
fisheyebass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009, 02:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheyebass
I've been using one of these for last 8 years and loved it. It recently failed and Humminbird said they no longer can get parts, so I replaced it. You mentioned you can still get parts....Where? Do you know where to get service? I hate to throw it away as it cost $600. I think problem is unit and not transducer, so if I can't get it fixed I will have a good transducer if somebody wants it.
Google Johnson Outdoors, get their number and call them. I had to wait a long time, but they finally got me a transducer. They might have discontinued the service though. I think they may have bought them just for the sidefinder technology rights.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in