Here it is!!!! California State Championship Tournament Announced - Page 2 - California Bass Fishing Forum
» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2009, 02:24 AM   #11 (permalink)

Default Re: Here it is!!!! California State Championship Tournament Announced

No money in the qualifiers huh?? Hmmm win a tournament and receive no money? Have to think about that one............
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2009, 02:31 AM   #12 (permalink)

Mike - True! But, then you have a 10 in 40 shot at $1000 at the regional (which is almost 10X your money. Right now you fish against 30 boats for $300 bucks for 5 to 6 times your money) - Plus you have a shot at $20,000 for first, $10,000 for second and $5,000 for third and so on and the title of California State Champion.

and you don't have to give away your water or secrets to a co-angler!

P.S. - I like your chances at top 10 in 40 on any water.

http://MonsterFishingTackle.com
http://RagoBaits.com  - Yeah, they're that good!
http://RideWithALegend.com
TomLeogrande is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2009, 03:23 AM   #13 (permalink)

This idea excites me. Something new!! It will not conflict with any other events. It's pretty cheap. The winner will make 200 times his entry. Not bad. No one will get rich, but 40 guys will win almost 10 times their entry or MORE!! This should be FUN. I think it will be well recieved. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Gary Dobyns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2009, 03:36 AM   #14 (permalink)

here's some basic Q&A's

Q: Who can fish this event?
A: Anyone who signs up within the first 50 for each local event, has a bass boat and $118 can fish the event.

Q: What is the format of this event?
A: The event is a Pro Only event meaning there will only be one person in each boat. Each angler can bring a 5 fish limit of 13 inches to the scales. Events will either be 6 hours or 8 hours depending on the event. Events will be in 2 flights and the order of launch will be random at the day of the event. In order to insure the integrity of the event all finalist will be subject to polygraph. There will be polygraphs given to the majority of the anglers at the State Championship.

Q: Can I fish more than one local event?
A: Yes the events are setup where registration for the next event in each region does not begin until the day after the previous event. This allows anglers who missed qualifying in each event to sign up again and attempt to qualify a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th time.

Q: Can I qualify more than once?
A: No, once you have qualified you will no longer be allowed to register to fish a local event.

Q: Why is the entry fee $118?
A: The entry fee is comprised of $100 that goes towards the payback for the tournament. The $18 are adminstrative fees. The $18 is used to pay lake fees, insurance, DFG permits, Tournament directors pay and other fees associated with running a tournament of this nature.

Q: Will there be options?
A: At this time there are no plans for options. We like the clean simple entry fee and payback setup that this event entails.

Q: What happens if there are less than 50 boats in the local events?
A: We believe all of the local events will fill, and fill fast. However, in the event the local events do not fill the top 3 prizes will be adjusted accordingly. If you wanted to figure out the payback you can figure that $100 for every angler entered into the events will be paid back. Therefore, if there are 40 anglers - $4000 will go toward the final payback from that local qualifier.

Q: Do I need to pre-register or can I register at the sign ups?
A: You will absolutely need to pre-register. There will be no registering at the events themselves. We highly recommend registering very early as we expect many events to sell out in hours or even minutes. Registration is not officially until you have received a confirmation email from you. Please keep your paypal receipt for proof of your registration and a time and date stamp of when you registered.

Q: Why is the Championship on Clear Lake?
A: Clear Lake is the obvious choice for the initial California State Championship. However, the Championship will change locations and regions each year. Year 2 could be Diamond Valley, Castaic or Havasu. Year 3 will again move and so on.

Q: What does it mean that all Final Event Qualifiers get to advance to the regionals the following year?
A: What this means is that all anglers qualifying to fish the State Championship finals will not need to fish in the local event the following year. As an added "perk" to qualifying for the finals, they get an automatic berth into the regional event, meaning the regionals for every year after the first year will have 50 boats instead of 40.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:52 AM   #15 (permalink)

Im in,,,,, ,,,,an Mikee,,,Im follow'in ya ....Also Mike,,,,You have to count to 5 by yourself....

Old 12-10-2009, 05:21 AM   #16 (permalink)

Tom, put me in for region #3 ! Also send me my reel sticks ? (still sitting on your desk)?
JIGS
Old 12-10-2009, 05:22 AM   #17 (permalink)

Since I am still banned from the other site - I am sure he reads this site plenty but, if one of you feels like copying this over there - feel free.

sTony wrote
Quote:
I know what I'm writing won't be popular but this is the type of deal that'll likely do only so well itself and at the same time further cripple the previously existing Pro-Am and Team concepts who are already searching to find dates that don't conflict. This just adds to that strain. It's just one more org out there to add to the pile and split anglers even further.
Maybe it's time for something different - the way the events are now high entry low payback isn't working out to well now is it? When was the last time you saw an event sold out?

Quote:
The way I see it a guy has to fish four events that pay next to nothing back to qualify to fish another event that doesn't pay much back to qualify and fish for a championship that does finally pay something back. And travel all over the 'region' to do it as only your region 3 has all lakes in relatively close proximity.
Well luckily you can't see, read or count very well. A guy has to fish ONE (not four) events to qualify to fish another event that pays back almost 10 times his entry fee. 10x your entry fee is far from a "little" payback, in fact the only circuit that offers even close to that to WIN an event (in this its only placing in the top 10) is National Bass West, sorry its not AC. An angler spends nearly $300 in entry fee at almost all team events and the payback is generally sub 2500 for winning! I'll repeat you get almost 10x your money for simple qualifying at a SINGLE local event and then placing in the top 10 out of 40 boats. Then you get to fish for an additional 40K in winnings with again only 40 boats. As for the travelling "all over the 'region'" as you put it, an angler shouldn't have to travel far at all in his region because he only needs to fish 1 event in that region not all 4 events and then travel to the regional in which he merely has to get top 10 out of 40 boats to make a solid return on his $118 investment.

Quote:
And, for the record, anglers have been competing for the 'California State Championship' by competing in the FLW/TBF Federation or Federation Nation tournaments where the end goal is to make the State Team and Regionals and hopefully move on to either the Bassmaster Classic or the FLW Championship.

The Fed guys have only been doing this for decades. The current 'California State Champion' from TBF is Cameron Smith, btw.
Yeah and that's a real popular circuit too. An average field 12 to 14 boats with the biggest all last year being about 24 boats (and that was only a couple of events out of over 20 total events)? Sure Cameron Smith is a good angler - but, winning that State Championship is a far cry from winning this one that will most likely be sold out everywhere. I won't even get into its $120 all in entry fee - the travel required to qualify and the payback for those events - which eliminate many anglers from wanting to compete in it. Nothing against the TBF as its a decent circuit but, its far from a "true" State Championship and I bet an angler with the skills of Cameron Smith would be the first to tell you that.

Quote:
I'm not 'getting it' and see a lot more expense to this thing then it would appear to be worth. But hey, y'all have fun fishin' it!
I figured you wouldn't. You work for AC and anything not AC would be a bad thing, I am sure. What you don't get is the fact angler's need a lower cost alternative to fishing and still have a shot at making some decent money. As for your misunderstanding of the whole concept - I will draw it pictures with crayons over the weekend for you.

I apologize to the rest of you who have to read this - but, this guy has been a prick to me since I have been in the sport and not man enough to talk to me in person about it. I have had enough of his bullcrap. Say what you want but, the anglers now have an affordable option to fish for big bucks that they can either add to their existing plans or give them an option they haven't had previously.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:21 AM   #18 (permalink)

ABSOULTLY MARVALOUS ! Finally an economacially affordable tournament a retired guy or and upcoming young pro can afford to fish and afford the gas to fish ! All you're going to need is Valet launching and parking.
Thank you Gary & Tom & staff.
I'm in !

JIGS
Old 12-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
No money in the qualifiers huh?? Hmmm win a tournament and receive no money? Have to think about that one............

The beauty of this tournament format is that every angler is fishing their home water to qualify and they don't have to fish to win, just a top ten

Think of it this way Mike.

Using FLW as an example, no one that fishes on day 1 expects a check, we all know you have to compete multible days to get in the money. The local qualifiers are like day 1 but you’re also on your home lake!, if you make a top ten then your day 2 is the regional. Finish in the top ten and you just made $1,000 for a $118 entry and are now fishing against 39 other anglers for $20,000.

This is the only format where you can fish for 200 times your entry fee.

tobe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
bmx

Send a message via AIM to bmx

Finally... .. wasnt sure I could keep it a secrect any longer....
Way to go Tom.... Thanks Gary for gettin in and Skeeter Boats....(my boat )
Its a great system. I wish the entry was a little more but that will come in due time.
Tom wants to make sure this sells out everywhere. this year.
But I agree with Mike (not just in women ) but we should win something at the qualifiers. Make it an even $150 to enter or as much as I hate options, have an option at qualifiers.
www.NorCalRampRats.com
bmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in