» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
bmx

Send a message via AIM to bmx
Default Oroville???

Is it it filling up? Its supposed to be partly sunny Saturday. Might be the only time to get out for awhile with out getting really wet. Anybody going? Hows the bite since the rain started?
www.NorCalRampRats.com
bmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2008, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Oroville???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMX
Is it it filling up? Its supposed to be partly sunny Saturday. Might be the only time to get out for awhile with out getting really wet. Anybody going? Hows the bite since the rain started?

I will be there saturday with Phil practicing for the stren...... I understand that the water is rising and the launching is not to bad...... Basserone went today so he should be able to provide better details when he jumps on later.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

I haven't bee since March
http://www.PowellCo.com
http://www.MonsterFishingTackle.com
http://www.eyesurrenderonline.com
http://www.berkley-fishing.com
http://www.abu-garcia.com
Cody Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2008, 07:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Was there today......

First, the lake is fishing great, caught 20 or so nothing big, but good action. As for coming up....bullpucky, the lake has dropped about 4 ft. in the last week since I was last there. The state and feds are doing nothing to capture anything from the storms we have been getting.

The Spillway ramp is the only ramp in the water and it is very well packed gravel. It is a very long way to back down (about 100 yds.), but is plenty wide and a good slope. There is NO dock and I wouldn't recommend beaching your rig because there is nothing but sharp rocks. Matter of fact, I would not recommend going up to Oroville alone, lauching is just too much a pain in the rear and you may see your boat just float off.

The Bidwell ramp is very much underway as evidenced by the heavy equipment building the road, ramp and parking area. I saw about 8-10 large gravel trucks placing gravel from the waterline into what I assume will be the parking area. Rumor has it that Phil and Oroville Outdoors said that expected ramp completion would be sometime in the next 3 weeks or so depending on the severity of the weather.
www.powellco.com (Powell Rods)
www.roboworm.com
basserone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2008, 08:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

CAN THEY FINISH THE RAMP BEFOR THE TOURNY, WITH THE HOLLIDAYS AND WETHER COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

I SAY MOVE IT TO THE DELTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
PHIL BURGESS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2008, 08:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT??????????????

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2008, 09:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BURGESS
CAN THEY FINISH THE RAMP BEFOR THE TOURNY, WITH THE HOLLIDAYS AND WETHER COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

I SAY MOVE IT TO THE DELTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
DELTA.......NO GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!!

Ramp completion is expected to be about 10 days prior to the tournament. They will need it to allow the lake to come up to the ramp.
basserone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2008, 10:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Going saturday also, what time you launchin? Saw high of 47 with little wind, heard bites been good. Time to go see, BMX you fishin the stren?
chris_hughes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2008, 10:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

clear lake would be better then the delta!! lets hope that they can finish the ramp at oroville
mike wright is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2008, 10:24 AM   #10 (permalink)

I would hope that we deserve a definate decision from FLW in the next week or ten days as to "Yes, we are going to take our chances at Oroville no matter what", or "we are moving it to whereever ( I think everybody knows where too) because there's too many variables working against the time schedule". Everyone fishing it needs to know for definate, in case accomodations need to be changed, or prefishing time needs to be spent elsewhere....I know their intent is Oroville, but that still sounds optomistic given the weather, water levels, time frame, and stage of construction. When I know for 100% sure it is going to be at Oroville, I will send my entry fee.

phil strader
phil strader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in