Anglers Choice Western Pro-Am’s announce Lake Shasta Date Change - California Bass Fishing Forum
» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2010, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anglers Choice Western Pro-Am’s announce Lake Shasta Date Change

Anglers Choice Western Pro-Am’s announce Lake Shasta Date Change

Coming off the heels of the successful Lake Oroville event held this past weekend, Angler’s Choice Pro-Am competitors are looking forward to the next stop of the season at Lake Shasta.

In an effort to accommodate angler schedules and avoid conflicts with other circuits, Anglers Choice has worked in conjunction with the California Department of Fish and Game, Bridge Bay Resort, and the U.S. Department of Forestry to move off of the heavily contested March 27-28th weekend. The new date for the Anglers Choice Lake Shasta Pro-Am event will be April 17-18th.

“We have listened to the fishermen and after discussions with our anglers and advisory committee members, we wanted to move our event away from the other circuits fishing on that weekend in March”, noted Director of Operations, Bill Hutcheson. “The new April 17-18th date will miss all the other Pro-Ams and alleviate the need for fishermen to have to pick and chose which circuit to fish. This move should also increase the size of the field and paybacks as well as hitting lake Shasta at a time when it will be at nearly full pool”.

Speaking from the Fred Hall Tackle Show in Long Beach, USAC Advisory committee member Gary Dobyns agreed. “This was absolutely the right move to make in the face of scheduling issues and I applaud Anglers Choice for taking the lead in resolving these conflicts”.

RJ Bennett of Roseville CA, another member of the USAC Pro-Am advisory committee concurred. “This change of date is going to allow Angler’s Choice to draw a larger field which will in turn lead to a more competitive event with a better payback”. Based upon how well these guys ran the Oroville event, I look for real good things to come out of the Pro-Ams this year”.

Angler’s Choice Pro-am events use a shared weight formula in which each day’s Pro and Am angler effectively fish as a team to catch their best five fish limit. The Pro and Am angler “Share” the total weight, which carries over to the next day of fishing. Pro and Am anglers are paired up with different partners for the second and any subsequent days of fishing.

Entry fee for the 2010 season is $425 for Pro anglers and $225 for Am anglers. Pro and Am anglers who sign up together are given a guaranteed entry status. All other entries will be taken on a first come, first serve basis and paired accordingly.

Due to the fact that there is a large classic car show in Redding the weekend of April 17-18th, anglers are encouraged to contact the host or other hotels to get their rooming reservations made as soon as possible. “Rooming will be tight that weekend”, noted Hutcheson, “so I’d be making those reservations this weekend”.

Competitors may sign up for the U.S. Anglers Choice Pro-Am events by logging on to www.usanglerschoice.net and clicking the Pro-am events link home page. You may then click on the entry form, print a copy and mail it in with a check or credit card. You may also enter over the phone by calling (800) 360-7112 and speaking with the Angler’s Choice tournament coordinator Sonia or Bill Hutcheson at (760) 304-4411. Specific event related questions should be directed to Tournament Director Bill Cook at (661) 319-3014. Deadline to enter prior to each tournament is the Wednesday prior to the start of the official pre-fish period.

All of us here at Angler’s Choice look forward to seeing you at Lake Shasta on April 17-18th, 2010
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Anglers Choice Western Pro-Am’s announce Lake Shasta Date Change

Bill,
All I can say is thank you. Hutch put a post up here awhile back and I bashed him a little about making some real changes that would help the anglers and the sport. This is one. Now if next season you guys could eliminate some team regions in order to draw bigger fields that would be awesome.
Smitty
smitty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Great move. I'll be there.
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Awesome!!! Great move guys! Count me in
Loans4Homes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
bmx

Send a message via AIM to bmx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loans4Homes
Awesome!!! Great move guys! Count me in

nice move!
www.NorCalRampRats.com
bmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

well it looks like I will be fishing westcoast bass instead of a/c. I already had that week planned out for a tourney. The new date for the a/c event conflicts with another tourney that I have. I hope I can get about 30lbs a day, because thats what it will probably take to cash a check that time of year. See you on the delta Larry.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Kudos for anglers choice to make a step in trying to make it so we can fish both
BuckBauernfeind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2010, 11:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

So let me get this strait, AC schedules thier tournys on top of WCB on purpose then get kudo's for finally making a change. Please!!!!
levy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Levy, I dont care who put whos tourneys on whos I just see a chance so we can fish both
BuckBauernfeind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

I agree with you again Buck. I am not on anyone's side in this fight-the conflicts hurts the ANGLERS and it appears to have been a bad decision....

Anything else is merely BS......
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in