» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2010, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Electronics?

I was just wondering what you guys thought about side imaging and all the new finders that allow you to read the brand of a sneaker if it is sitting on the bottom of the lake? My thought is that it is an unfair advantage over people without them. These units cost upwards of three grand and it feels like i am trying to ''keep up with the Jones's''. Where do we draw the line? They are changing the way we fish, undoubtedly!!
Vermonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Electronics?

Dude Im am in your boat with the cost thing BUT they are the SH- -T. Sure its a disadvantage if you don't have one and it's an advantage if you do but when it comes down to it, it is up to you to get them to bite, regardless if you can see them on your tv screen in your boat GO FISH!
ThrowKERMIT13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

When I first started bass fishing, I bought a used 15 ft. Glastron bass boat with a 70 hp Mercury. When I would fish tournaments it seemed like everyone had 18 ft. Champions with 150's with Lowrance paper graphs and a boat full of Loomis rods. I really thought that was unfair. Then I realized that we are all trying to catch the same fish regardless of the equipment you can afford. The new technology is state of the art and it does work. However, you can still go out on the Delta or Clear Lake etc. and catch a 25 lb. sack with zero electronics at all when you fish your strengths and trust your instincts. If you stick it out with this game you will eventually accumulate the same equipment that your worried about other people having today.

PS: side imaging and downscan works but there will always be new products coming out that change the game.
Hardcore Bass Fishing
bassman10.66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 02:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

I dont think its about being scared of equipment. I think its more about the learning curve of a body of water. Prefishing can be more about driving around taking pics and less about honeing ones skills as an angler. The idea of learning how to read water etc.
drew734 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2010, 02:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

drew734 that is exactly what i mean. by using these new systems we eliminate 50% of the game. THE ABILITY TO READ WATER. Now all you need to do is drive your boat within a football field of the bass and you found them. Granted, you still need to figure out how to catch them, but it was dam easy to find them. I guess my point is that we are eliminating half the battle! Just my two
Vermonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Come on guys . Back in the day you had a flasher on the boat the paper graphs were side scan of today. This technolopgy has been around for a long time and it was just a matter of time before made it to a bass boat .
Hardcore Bass Fishing
bassman10.66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2010, 06:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
bmx

Send a message via AIM to bmx

Side imaging by Humminbird is off the hook. I have one and love it. I have yet to reach its potential so I am taking a ride with an elite Pro from Humminbird, set up through Jimmy at Clearlake Bait and tackle
You get constant updates that upgrade your system to the lastest and greatest of what's current. I will check back in with my experience with the ride.
www.NorCalRampRats.com
bmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

[b]Just my $.02, but boat electronics are like computers; the moment you get " the best " & have it installed & figure out how to operate it, it becomes obsolete........ so why bother ? I'm a novice fisherman at best, however I have limited funding for my " toys " , so I keep it simple, read alot, watch other people fish ( TV & T-ments ) and ask alot of questions of people more experienced than myself; basically, trying to keep up with the VanDams, etc only leads to frustration & heartache , thats just not FUN and I fish for enjoyment, relaxation & comradery . I have a carear in plumbing, not fishing...... if by chance I win some money fishing......... BONUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RicharddaPlumber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

If I wanted to invest the money I would. Right now I have other priorities so I don't. It is no doubt an advantage and probably not fair if you like to look at the world that way - which I don't. It is just the way it is. If my living depended on this sport then I would no doubt have the best but it doesn't so I don't worry much about it. More power to the guys who have it and hopefully they get there money's worth out of it. I love the idea of off shore structure fishing so I will make the leap at some point in the future.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

How is it unfair if that person paid the money for it. Yeah, he as an advantage over you, but he also gave up the dough and you didn't.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in