» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default A real fishy day!!

Well today was one of those days...We had our WRL tournament out of Russo's and considering the cold/rain front moved out on Friday we thought today would be GREAT!!
Well we hit our first spot and nadda..Second spot 1 small keeper, maybe 1 lb. Third spot my partner lands another small keeper but better than the first this one about 2 lbs. Since our first three spots were close we had 2 fish in the boat by about 8:30-9. Things were looking pretty good, so we thought. So for the next 5 hours or so we tried it all at mulitple spots for nothing. Then with about an hour left in our day, my partner landed a nice fish that went 5.82. So we go to weigh in thinking 3 fish, this bites, only to find out that our 3 fish had us in third place Appaerntly our tough day was not isolated, at the end of the day only 4 teams weighed limits and we ended up finishing 7th out of 96 teams. So all in all I guess it was not as bad as we were thinking it was.....So as were heading home we stop for a quick bite at the BK there at 5 and 12 as were leaving we see the yellow machine of Mr. Reese pull up to get gas at the truck stop. We went over said hey and gave our condolences for the 1 ounce deal. He was not happy!! I said well at least you got second and his reply was "Second Sucks" Well I guess having that drive is what makes him one of the greats, kudos to him for a great 4 days even if it was one ounce short.

texas john is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 01:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: A real fishy day!!

Good for Skeet. I wouldn't be happy with 2nd place either.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

I could be happy with second if I got beat by a couple of pounds, but 1 ounce!! I would have to agree, it SUCKS!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 02:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Same here. A few Lbs would have been ok, still wouldnt have been happy, but not made, a few ounces, I would been . He will do better on Clear Lake though...
Bigjosh15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Tha'ts the mentality and drive of professional anglers, it's not about the prize money or the fame, it's ll about showing yourself that you are the best.

But sometimes it might be better to look at it subjectively, "Dang! I only won 30k instead of 100K."

- Capt. Zap Branigan of Earthican Vessel 'Nimbus' from tv's "Futurama".
bassmandan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
ash

Good on ya brother for the 7lbs, we had one fish that weighed 3.97 had one other bite all day for a 3lb striper on a Limit Spinnerbait.

We rolled up to our first area and Denny Brauer was fishing one of our marked spots, Rolled up to the second and there was Zell Rolland, we went a couple miles up where we got our 3.97 flippin, the tide dropped out and that was game over for us.

Tough Day, but it was interesting running into the Elite Anglers.
ash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

We did not see an Elite guy all day! It would have been cool to see the floatilla and all but I am happy that we had all our spots to ourselves!!
Old 03-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
ash

I think I was the kiss of death for any BASS pro on the water, on Saturday we ran up north and ran into Stephen Browning he ended up catching one rat for .13, we saw Dave Wolack at the end of the day, he just missed the cut.

On Sunday we saw Rick Clunn run up to Empire, then rolled up to our first GPS point and there was Denny Brauer, Second point, there is Zell Rolland, we jumped way ahead of them and saw Klien going up and to that area...all of them didnt make it. I could just hear them saying.....that **** black and blue bass cat is the kiss of death out on this river!

Congrats on your check, sorry I didnt see you but we didnt hang out long at all.
ash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in