» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Delta Elite Series in the Delta

I followed one of the Elite anglers yesterday, Ike, never did that before and it was interesting for sure. The speed and accuracy they work at is mind boggling. Speaking for myself; as a club angler and sometime team circuit angler you want to believe this is something you could do if given the chance, I no longer think that.
He never stopped and was so smooth and accurate, no wasted time or wasted motion at all, quite impressive.

Ike drives a Bass Cat that has the new Yamaha SHO motor and I drive a Ranger with a 250 Etec. My boat is not a rocket by any stretch but does pretty good in my opinion.
I was trying to follow him and had my boat running 73 plus, he was easily pulling away. I thought you Yamaha fans out there would like to hear that

stogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 04:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Delta Elite Series in the Delta

Oh and I forgot one thing, early in the morning for about an hour or so one of the boats observing the action had Mark Zona and Tommy Sanders in it, way cool to talk to the Z man.
stogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to themadfisherman Send a message via Yahoo to themadfisherman

mark zona is cool as ****. i met him a while back at the last bassmaster event in 07 at lakeport.havent met tommy yet tho
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

You are dead on about the efficiency of these guys. I wouldnt say the average guy couldnt do it, you just have to spend a ton of time on the water and practice every aspect of your game. I can tell you this, after watching alot of the field the past few days, my motivation is on overdrive. I learned that I fish alot like they do in a tournament but not every single day I fish...well that has changed. If you go about it everyday like it is THE days, you can only get better.
One thing for sure, alot of the field was flippin way too fast for the water temp. Hackney was pickin stuff apart, very methodical, and a slower presentaition. He didnt get em the last day but if he wouldnt have missed those couple of bites he would have won.
Skeet was really cool too. My wife and I were watching him, he got ready to move, so did we and he shouted out, dont even bother, I am going a long long long way. At first I thought so what I am going to follow him, then I looked at the gas gauge and said maybe not. It was cool he told us so we didnt waste an hour. We moved on and found Ike and Hackney, Browning again (he did ok the last day for fishing his plan b water).
Ike sure did have a crowd watching him.
Another thing that really impressed me, was how these guys made them selves so available to the fans after weigh in even though it was Sunday and they had to leave to get to CL to practice today.
Jason Quinn was a kick on day too. I pulled out on him he caught a fish, and yelled out, dude, dont go anywhere you just brought me some good luck!
Smitty
smitty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in