» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Motor Work???

I need to get my boat into the shop and was wondering where I could take it that is close to home, Grass Valley.

Here is what it is doing, maybe someone has an idea and save me some $$$. It starts and seems to run pretty good, but not great when just idling. When I go to punch it sometimes it goes sometimes it just does not. I will take it out of gear rev it out, put it back into gear and away we go. Its an older Mercury Black Max 150. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
texas john is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Motor Work???

Spark plugs or fuel filter ? Might be something simple, the spray can carb cleaner works on those motors too, just a guess..sounds like fuel not spark to me.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ok I will check those two things, it is time for a service anyway so I still need to know where is a close spot. I know capital city does good work so I might end up there which is fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2010, 12:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

If it's time for service dont forget to change the lower unit oil, remove the prop and check for line around the seals every five trips. Preventative maint. can save $3500.00 on a new lower unit they are costly.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

There is a good shop in off 49 near Combie. I believe it is the mechanics from Galaxie Marine when they closed. Check out: http://www.aboatshop.net/Home_Page.php
green_monster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2010, 04:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

i also live in grass valley and personally when i have to get a service i will go to calvin in redding at redding yamaha i think it is now, or marine unlimited both places do great work and quick if you dont mind the drive. I think its worth the piece of mind knowing it was done RIGHT!!!
mike wright is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas john
I need to get my boat into the shop and was wondering where I could take it that is close to home, Grass Valley.

Here is what it is doing, maybe someone has an idea and save me some $$$. It starts and seems to run pretty good, but not great when just idling. When I go to punch it sometimes it goes sometimes it just does not. I will take it out of gear rev it out, put it back into gear and away we go. Its an older Mercury Black Max 150. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
I would take to Phil at Capital City Marine in Citrus Heigts. They do excellent work and can trust them. Very Honest and friendly.
adamsj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Robert and Lou over at A Boat Shop are close to you and do excellent work. They are the best.
Doug McKa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2010, 07:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks to all, I will be calling all the people suggested!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in