» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2010, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to daneldc
Default Lowrance GPS Help!!

I have a lowrance LCX-38c Hd, and a lcx-26 c HD networked together. All of the sudden it will not lock onto any satellites. When you go to the Satellite page it only shows one satellite bar, and will not track anymore. Both GPS systems show the exact same thing. I have checked the power with a multi meter to both systems and they both have good power to them. Has this happen to anyone before?
daneldc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Lowrance GPS Help!!

Have you tried to reset the units? I beleive this happened to one of my buddies and the reset fixed the problem the only downside is that you lose your way points. I beleive the system reset is somwhere in the settings...
Old 06-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

yes i tried that on both units and it still shows one satalite bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Check and make sure that the WASS option is not checked.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

the waas is not checked. Both units show it is still tracking one satalite but no more.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Where are you located? Im not sure if this can be done with your unit or not but a quick call can answer that. My unit was relatively new and acting up, it was having a hard time locking on satellites and even when it did it would lose them quickly. I took it to Fishermans Warehouse in Rancho Cordova, and Alan Fong hooked it up and told me the software I had was old, and newer versions were available. He quickly downloaded the new software (free service), it took all of 1 minute and no data were lost such as waypoints. I didnt even realize I should occasionally check to see if new software is available for my unit! Anyway, that fixed my problem and its been running fine since. Come to think of it its about time to do another check to make sure my unit is up to date.
Urban is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

I am in Hemet, I think i got it figured out. After all the troubleshooting with the instructions from lowrance website. It has to be the Antenna puck. Sad thing is, that is the second one i have had gone bad with lowrance.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneldc
I am in Hemet, I think i got it figured out. After all the troubleshooting with the instructions from lowrance website. It has to be the Antenna puck. Sad thing is, that is the second one i have had gone bad with lowrance.
We have the lcx 28c hd . Sounds like a problem we had last year, called lowrance---got right thru to customer service..., got a new antenna, then it went bad again, sent that one back in. After a week or two, I called them (sat on hold for awhile) to find out they were backordered, explained to them that this was second time in couple of months, the customer service rep was helpful and and they sent me another antenna (I believe it was the 4000 series puck? which is a little bit smaller than the original puck, but fit --without making new holes. so far, so good!!) Just be prepared to be on hold for awhile...unless you get lucky...

Good Luck.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

the 2000 series pucks are hit or miss. replace the puck with the new one the beav is talking about
Old 06-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Don't be afraid to call Lowrance's customer service anymore. They have added a bunch more people (training them to be able to answer all the questions they will get was time consuming but they're on line now) so the wait times have been significantly reduced. I'm hearing of 3 to 5 minutes.

As for the LGC 4000 GPS antenna, it is completly new technology as to how it locks onto satellites. It is very dependable, fast, can be mounted right next to a head unit and keeps locked on even inside a garage. The LGC 4000 will replace any LGC 3000, just unplug the 3000 and plug in the 4000, same connector just a little smaller. If you are replacing an LGC 2000 then you will need to have a converter cable which will take the blue connector on the tee and convert it to a black connector which plugs into the 4000.

Ken Sauret
Lowrance Pro Staff
http://www.dobynsrods.com/
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/
Ken Sauret is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in