» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance
California Bass Fishing Forum

California Bass Fishing Forum (https://www.calbassin.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northern California (https://www.calbassin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Best fluoro for spinning reel (https://www.calbassin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=910)

Dom E 01-11-2009 05:35 PM

Best fluoro for spinning reel

Hey guy's just wondering what the masses prefer for fluoro on spinning reels. I'm liking P-Line the best so far but I also want to try Seaguar. I'm talking 6-8lb test. Thanks for any input.

Dom E

Greg Cornish 01-11-2009 06:14 PM

Re: Best fluoro for spinning reel

Since I switched from Vanish to Seagar my leaders stopped vanishing - knot strength is fantastic.. If you can keep Seagar on the spool I know its very tough. Never tried P-Line fluoro. Do you think there's an advantage of fluoro, over braid with fluoro leader?

Dom E 01-11-2009 07:14 PM

Thanks for the input Greg. I use braid to fluoro when I'm fishing deep 30ft +but I was thinking strait fluoro for the shallower clear water which I hate Swear but sometimes you goyya do what you gotta do

Greg Cornish 01-11-2009 07:23 PM

How long are your leaders? I use 7 to 10 feet, some guys use as long as 20 feet.

Dom E 01-11-2009 07:42 PM

My leaders are usually 5-8ft. when using braid to fluoro but I also have heard of 10ft + leaders

Dom E

stickman 01-11-2009 07:43 PM

Sunline FC Sniper works great for me

201pro 01-11-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dom E
Hey guy's just wondering what the masses prefer for fluoro on spinning reels. I'm liking P-Line the best so far but I also want to try Seaguar. I'm talking 6-8lb test. Thanks for any input.

Dom E

Depending on the $$$ you want to spend, there are a few really good lines. 6# Berkley Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon is very good. Not TOO pricey at about $20/spool of 200 yards. Another line that's very good is the Triple Fish 8 # or 10# ... the 8# Triple Fish is about the same diameter as the 6# Berkley stuff. But the Triple Fish is MUCH cheaper ... nearly 1/2 the price of Berkley.

In fact, there's a 25% off sale on them right now here that's been extended through the end of January.

Of course, as mentioned before, the Sunline FC Sniper and a number of more expensive lines (Gamma, Toro, etc) are very good as well.

Greg Cornish 01-11-2009 08:13 PM

I've heard experienced fisherman there are only 3 manufactures of fluorocarbon, but many different brand names printed on labels. Cabelas had their name on Seagar I was lucky enough to get it when they sold out. Got 1100 yards for 14 bux.

outdoorsman 01-11-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stickman
Sunline FC Sniper works great for me

+1. Put some shooter on but its not as good. Go figure for double the $$

201pro 01-11-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Cornish
I've heard experienced fisherman there are only 3 manufactures of fluorocarbon, but many different brand names printed on labels. Cabelas had their name on Seagar I was lucky enough to get it when they sold out. Got 1100 yards for 14 bux.

Actually, it's expanded some more now. There's one in Germany (Triple Fish is german made), one in the good o'USA (Berkley 100% Fluorocarbon), two or three in Japan and maybe even on in Korea (?)