» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2009, 11:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Co-angler question

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I am stoked to have found it.

I have a question about tackle bags, I have the Plano Flipsider and it holds 3 3700 series boxes and two good sized side pockets and the front flip down. The problem is that it is fairly large and don't feel that it can carry the selection of tackle that I would like. There are many bags on the market and would like to avoid as much trial and error as possible.

Also how big is too big to bring as a co-angler?

How many rods are too many as a co-angler?

I would like to avoid being "that guy"

Any input would be great!
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2009, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Co-angler question

Good luck stick. What events are you fishing? Individual weight, I have used a smaller flipsider when I had a pattern worked out. You should just get some smaller boxes for your weights, hooks, shakeys,etc. A couple of packs of the hot plastics for the day. You can always add more each night. The flipsider has plenty of holes for hard baits. I have been caught without "the bait" but that is the trials of riding the back seat. My "other" bag is a soft side that holds 6 or so 3700s. I use that one when I am a little more scattered with my game plan.

Rods? 2 spinning ready for my preferred method(s), One reaction bait rod if that is going, One or two jig, texas, carolina sticks. Sometimes I would have as many as 6 but that is a scattered pattern. Try to pare it down with your prefish.

I think the "that guy" myth is overblown. Frontseaters may laugh but who cares. It is your fishing trip. They are just there to give you a ride. Just don't break my boat or get in my way and you are welcome to bring anything you want on my boat.
Robert F is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 12:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

Stickin It I give you permission to get in ROBERT F's way whenever you want. . Now for Stuff to bring, Robert has is pretty much narrowed down. Ive had ams bring 8 rods, I've had some bring 2. The key thing is to get out on the water before the tournament and try to pattern some fish to the equipment that you have and are willing to bring. If my Am wants to bring as much tackle as he wants he is more than welcome too, HES GOT THE WHOLE BACK TO HIMSELF..... Being that guy isnt always so bad we've all been there. Welcome to CAL-Bassin

Chad
chad leblanc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2009, 12:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad LeBlanc
Stickin It I give you permission to get in ROBERT F's way whenever you want. .
.................And I give you permission to break Chad's boat. double
Robert F is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 12:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

If youer in my boat bring it all you may need it...
oronald is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 01:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

unlike most... I would tell you to bring NOTHING but the food you eat... unless you use righty reels then bring your own sticks.. if you can use leftys then I would tell you you could use mine....
bassbones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 01:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert F
What events are you fishing?
I am going to fish individual events mostly. I am going to try at least one shared weight event.

Thanks for the feed back. Based on what Iíve read I think that I am in pretty good shape, other than some minor tweaking.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

fish some shared events as it will help you develop skills. I'm looking forward to the return of the AC ProAms.
bigboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in