» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2009, 01:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Best in the west ?

I keep hearing that FLW is the best in the west and all . So exactly what is it that makes it the best we got ?
Seems to me Won Bass has been around a long time and the West Coas Bass Pro/Ams are back so why not give them a try ?
Brian Ruthman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2009, 01:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Best in the west ?

Nothing we have out here compares to FLW. Not the pay outs, the prestige, the media exposure, etc. My priority is to fish FLW first and everything else I can afford after that. If you don't support the orgs. they will fail or just plain leave. I'm all for more circuits, more tournaments and more opportunities for us as fisherman. But I also want the "SHOW" to stay out here. They are the best in my opinion.
That being said, I hope all of the organizations succeed and we all have a safe and fun 09.
SEAGUAR.COM
SIMMSFISHING.COM
LADIES MAN CUSTOM BAITS
Jason Milligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2009, 04:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

As much as FLW has lack communication with the anglers fishing their tournaments, they still are the only major pro-am's on the west coast. I personally like draw tournaments over shared weight pretty much just for competition alone. B.A.S.S. Fed is the only other option for someone looking for this format. I'd love to see B.A.S.S. opens comes back out west I've fished them in the past and always had a blast. I've seen how a lot of guys have some real loyalty to FLW and you have to living out west and having FLW at least willing to give us an opportunity.

What would be better FLW out west and doing what they have done for us the past few years, or the west coast having neither FLW or B.A.S.S.?

Last year I planned everything around fishing the FLW events like Jason and already have the same thing for this year.

Bottom line FLW gives us a chance to show what we can do out here, so as long as they are here I'll be fishin them.

Chris
chris_hughes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2009, 10:38 AM   #4 (permalink)

Great question-
As someone that fishes tournaments all over the West there is no question who puts on the best show and treats the anglers the best. I would suggest fishing a WON, West Coast Bass or any other circuit then fish a Stren or National Guard and make the decision yourself.

Night and Day

With that said I love fishing and fish as many events as possible. All the others are second in terms of national media, websites, live weigh in, weigh ins and the entire set-up and number of people on staff.

In many ways it is like comparing the Nike tour to the PGA. The other organizations don't have the money, sponsors, or staff to put on a similar run tournament.
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in