» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2010, 04:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default CBC Champion Lands 5 new Sponsors

CBC Champion Dale Ball Lands New Sponsors

Five new sponsors to support State Champion in bid to defend title

For Immediate Release

August 23, 2010

Vacaville, Ca – The California Bass Championship tournament organization would like to announce that Creston, California Pro Dale Ball, the 2010 State Champion, has landed 5 new sponsorships. Coming off his win of the inaugural California Bass Championship Dale was able to land pro staff deals with Dobyns Rods, MonsterFishingTackle.com, Minnkota, Humminbird and Bob’s Marine.

“It just keeps getting better,” stated Ball. “I am proud to be associated with these fine companies. They all have some great products that are going to help me defend my title in 2011. The Minnkota Talon the entirely electric shallow water anchor system, the Humminbird side image finders are going to be welcome additions to my boat. Also, I’ve always loved Dobyns Rods and I am extremely excited to add more of them to my arsenal. Monster Fishing Tackle is one of the premier online tackle sites and I will be able to get the latest and hottest products in my boat fast. Finally, Bob’s Marine has kept me on the water for years and being on pro staff with them will save me money and continue to keep me fishing!”

Dale won the California Bass Championship 2010 event by squeeking through the qualifyier by the narrowest of margins .06 lbs at Clear Lake with a limit of 18.42 which qualified him for the regional event on the Sacramento River. “The river was a totally new experience for me and I pre fished it a lot. One day I would get them and the next I would struggle,” Dale explained.

At the Sacramento River regional Dale was able to place 6th with a weight of 6.24, which was 1.15 pounds of cushion to qualify Dale for the State Championship. As Dale put it, “Every fish counted in that event. If I lost or broke off just 1 of those keepers, I would have been watching the Championship online from home.”

At the Championship on Clear Lake August 13th and 14th Dale was able to bring in a day 1 limit of 18.66 and a day 2 limit of 16.70 for the win. His total weight of 35.36 was just under 2 pounds ahead of second place Richard Neal of Bakersfield California.

“For $118 I won the title of State Champion against many of the best anglers in the State of California. I also took home $15,000, a boat wrap, a beautiful hand carved trophy and now to land 5 sponsorships in less than 2 weeks is amazing. The CBC is definitely a tournament I suggest for any bass angler in the state,” Dale suggested.

About Dale Ball: Dale Ball, 53, spent four years in the United States Coast Guard. He then spent the next 24 years aboard an oceanographic survey boat traveling the worlds oceans. The past five years he has been a Captain on “Clean Ocean.” “Clean Ocean” is a 150 foot long oil spill cleanup vessel. Dale resides in Creston, California and has been bass fishing for 20 years. During that 20 years he has held the Lake Lopez lake record with a 10.1 pound bass that lasted 10 years, he has won many team tournaments throughout the state and he won the WON bass Pro/Am rookie of the year in the early 2000’s.

About California Bass Championship: The CBC is a multi-tiered tournament event in the state of California started in order to define a true State Champion. All anglers of any age, sex, rank, previous fishing history and experience are welcome to participate in the event. More information on the CBC can be found at www.CalBassChamps.com.

http://MonsterFishingTackle.com
http://RagoBaits.com  - Yeah, they're that good!
http://RideWithALegend.com
TomLeogrande is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2010, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
ash

Default Re: CBC Champion Lands 5 new Sponsors

Ah, CBC gets it this is the type of added value, Angler Exposure that will move this circut to the next level and fill the fields. Congrats to Dale on his new relationships and congrats to the CBC for listening to the Anglers, creating a new format and being successful.

I will be throwing my hat into the ring next year for the CBC.

Great Job
ash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Greg Cornish

Congrats Dale.

Greg Cornish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2010, 02:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

congrats, thats a cool deal. Way to go CBC.
Rob Dickson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Nice!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hey Sker - want to make it an even 6 pack. Dale would look good in some HCBF apparel!

Old 08-24-2010, 03:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

I got to talk to Bob....Gimme his contact info so I can get in touch. I got your PM....I'll call you in a bit.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks Tom . It was a long ride home after the lopez tournament .Now I am feeling bad all over agian. It looks like I better sign up early this will fill faster in 2011 .
Hardcore Bass Fishing
bassman10.66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 08:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Well, you'll have to win the teams or next years solo event!!
I think the events are really going to grow.

We have some announcements coming soon.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

We would like to bring back the old days. Winning and AOY were special. We are trying to make them a little special again. Congrats to our new State Champ.
Gary Dobyns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in