Question to Anglers, What is wrong with fishing the CBC? - Page 2 - California Bass Fishing Forum
» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

Default Re: Question to Anglers, What is wrong with fishing the CBC?

+1....

until the lakes honor one anothers systems I am locked on to Casitas and because of my proximity I ain't going to Castaic and then wait a couple of weeks to go fish'n again. Solo tournaments only...no team....format is excellent...SoCal Sux
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

Stickman and MLB - We'd love to not cancel a tournament or change a date... unfortunately with 3 boats what would you like us to do?

http://MonsterFishingTackle.com
http://RagoBaits.com  - Yeah, they're that good!
http://RideWithALegend.com
TomLeogrande is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

Tom I was going to sign up last night when I saw it was cancelled I had made arrangements for my mother in law to help take care of my grandsons so I could fish. What is this thing called pre-fish?
team davies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

I feel that the rite decision was made,with the lack of participation what is a org. supposed to do.Beleive me i want to continue the cbc for a long time as do other people i have talked to.The format is awesome and all the guys that have fished so far have been more than awesome.I hope that any changes that are made will be welcomed by all of you,im certaian whatever they are will be in the best interest of keeping this circuit going.i myself beleive that people are confused on the format itself and if they were set in the rite direction would be more than willing to fish it.well i could write a novel if i wanted to but this is my quick opinion.hope to see all of you at the next event whenever it shall be.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
tcs

Coming from a so cal angler, i whole heartedly agree with their decision and cant blame them for their actions . I fished the last two years and signed up two months in advance for planning purposes. The tournaments are a blast and ran very well. The org. made the right decision regarding participation in so. cal. and handled the anglers who signed up in advance with class. The org. is new and has to make tough decisions in order to remain viable for all anglers as a whole in the future especially considering the tough times we are facing in this economy. I wish we saw more participants in our region as a whole. If it means i have to drive some distance next year to fish, I will, because competing individually in tournament bass fishing is competition at its finest. .02
tcs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

CBC is not to blame its the anglers , I know CBC will make some good changes to turn this thing around. This tournament is the best deal in town I will support them when the next years schedule comes out.
J-Lure jigs
Hard Core Bass Fishing Apparel
stickman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #17 (permalink)

Never got my shirt or hat from last season , Just kidding Tom , just didnt work out for me , Cant blame them for canceling if the numbers arent there. Maybe to much too fast . Build it up in the north and central region where the numbers are and expand from their .
Ron T. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #18 (permalink)

Ron, I sent you 2 sets of them... please tell me you got them!!

http://MonsterFishingTackle.com
http://RagoBaits.com  - Yeah, they're that good!
http://RideWithALegend.com
TomLeogrande is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #19 (permalink)

No worries Tom , I know you sent them down but never hooked up with him . Its all good .I would have loved to fish last season but vacation plans conflicted with the championship. Actually was thinking about fishing the Pyramid derbi fri. Wasnt sure if it was to late to sign up but than I heard it was understandably cancled. Hope it all works out for ya. I wish I lived in northern Cal. Way more oppertunites to step it up .
Ron T. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2011, 12:06 AM   #20 (permalink)

Ron T. hit it on the head. If you were up north you could step up and fish this thing but it's tough to be mobile these days in SoCal waters. Not any where near the planning involved in fishing NorCal over SoCal for the participant...With Clean and dry meaning many different things at the front gate....Trying to fish on different waters is challenging In SoCal and not because the fish aren't biting...the timing involved in getting boats to and from different watersheds doesn't make room for venue and date changes. I have to say that there wasn't much of a buzz at club or tackle shop level in the Santa Barbara area about the CBC. People likely to compete heard about it because they are competitors but I don't know how much buzz that generated. I loved fishing the Fed for the very reason I was running the boat...true my co angler could have taken over for half my day but nobody ever went that route....but I KNOW I fish different solo....CBC is a great idea who's time has come...unfortunately for me I live 3 miles from what used to be World Famous Casitas Lake...A Mecca and destination of big bass enthusiasts world wide who now couldn't float there boat on this precious puddle for ten days no matter who they are. The disparity in the water boards has spilled right into my lap and believe me I was none to happy when I sat by helpless and watched the water board CLOSE the lake 3 miles from my front door to any entry of boats for 1 year. These Jerk wads are as serious as a heart attack about doing everything possible to keep a quagga invasion from happening at their puddle to the point of being more than triple redundant in the quarantine time and they have yet to put in a spray system like other lakes which would render their 10 day period a moot point and allow us all to go back to fishing where the fish were biting. Not this crappola at the front gate we've got go'n on down here. I heard I could get a quagga sticker and put it on my dog at Clear lake in comparison to the bendoverwithoutareacharound that we are getting apparently a custom to. I pulled my boat off Casitas last fall with every intention of going bass fishing in some tournaments this coming year but the numbers weren't there. Couldn't see draggin the boat all over **** and gone for a chance at a payoff. With these numbers down here top two and big fish leaves less than an entry fee for whats left over. I really liked the CBC but my work required more of me than I would like to have given and well face it between work(it pays for my fishing) and the ever longer never shorter list of things the wife sez I gotta do....I stayed home and beat the local fish ( who ultimately are my nemesis) and did not come out to play this year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in