» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

Default Re: BOATS COLLIDE AT CASITAS

true, that big old honda is always pegged... hence the 35 mph
DougH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

They allow Kayaks on Casitas? Is that after they have been in there more then a month?
Old 04-23-2011, 12:57 AM   #13 (permalink)

If you fish there at night you will usually run into someone in a kayak breaking a multitude of laws ....I have never liked running Cachuma hard at first light because of the ucsb crews out there....since it is practice would it hurt to put a flag on them????
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #14 (permalink)

now they let any size kayaks on cachuma ...it started around 2 weeks ago.
10.0 lbs Cachuma 4/09
TACKLE WAREHOUSE.com
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011, 06:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

That is why it is important to follow lake rules. I have seen so many dangerous things on the water it amazes me that there are not more accidents. The worst is running the shoreline on plane. There are just to many blind corners at most lakes. Sometimes on my local lakes which all have counter clockwise boat operation I see people going the wrong direction. People don't expect to come around a blind corner have a boat coming right at them on plane.
AndyL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2011, 12:39 AM   #16 (permalink)

It's exciting to run at fast at full throttle, but not when it puts others at risk. Lake Casitas is a small lake less then 2 1/2 miles long with a large island in the middle making the straight areas narrow; a dangerous lake to be running fast over 70 mph.
If the bass fisherman can't recognize that we share the water with other water craft like kayaks and rental boats, we will all be reduced to 10 hp aluminum boats.
If you want to full throttle, go to larger lakes where you are the only person at risk.
Tom
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

It sounds like everyone is blaming the bassfisherman for all boating accidents. For the most part we are some of the safest boaters on the water . We all have a responeabilaty on the water to be safe . That means everyone like jet skiers , rental boats , kayaks and everything that floats . No one likes to hear about accidents on the water and I hope he is ok . I'm not saying it was the rental boats that caused this but I have seen lots of people that rent watercraft that never should have been given the keys .
Hardcore Bass Fishing
bassman10.66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #18 (permalink)

I second that bassman. I am not saying it was the rental boat or the bassboats fault but I was on Casitas yesterday and had a rental boat run by me at no more than 20 feet away. All I could do was shake my head in disbelief. Also had a pontoon rental run between me and the bank, I couldn't believe it, and I was only 40 yards or so off the bank.
The guys at the rental shop should give these guys a few courtesy rules before handing them the life jackets.

Al
Alescamilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2011, 11:24 PM   #19 (permalink)

I only fish a few charity events anymore and stay off our local lakes during the weekends.
The majority of weekend boaters have few boating skills. This includes the local tournament bass clubs who believe they own the lake. My boat is faster then yours and I can out run you to whatever spot you intend to fish...speed seems to be important, not the fishing skills.
I spent my youth racing very fast boats that ran over 150 mph and fuel drags over 200 mph...at sanctioned races. I have owned 70+mph bass boats over the years, rarely run at that full speed unless fishing the big river lakes.
Skill matters; the skill to how and when to run at full throttle and when to fish slow.
The old man, who isn't much older than I am, wasn't in anyone's way when he was center punched by a boat that wasn't watching where it was going.
No one said bass anglers are any more or less reckless on the water than other boat drivers. Remember; just because you are fishing from a bass boat doesn't give you any special rights on public water, respect others on the water.
Tom
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2011, 12:26 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron T.
Eric , Eric Eric, really ? Dude If I remember correctly that Tritan is allways full throtle . It really comes down to paying attention and going wide on the points, not the speed . They will probably start writing tickets there now just like Castaic.
used to be man...hasn't been in a while. No reason to be pegged anymore...

15.25# Lake Casitas 2001
14.25# Lake Casitas 2009
13.50# Lake Casitas 2003
13.50# Lake Casitas 2005
12.50# Lake Piru 2003
elfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in