Been a while since ive posted here. Many thanks to all the help you guys gave me starting when i was just starting out. I still cannot afford a nice bass boat yet so me and my close fishing buddies decided to try our hand a restoring the aluminum boat that I managed to get off of craigslist for around 600 $. It was fine for a while but it was getting hard to fish from.
The plan was to take care of a small leak we had in the boat. Strip the old paint, prime & paint it. After that our grand plan was to put in a carpeted deck, a live-well, bilge pump, rod & tackle storage compartments, a bow mount foot controlled trolling motor on a raised casting deck, two fish finders (one up front on the trolling motor & one on the transom) & a standing mount to use my Droid X phone as a GPS device for out on the water. We also needed to clean up the trailer and re-carpet that as well since it was pretty beat up.
Im a total noob when it comes to tools and woodworking but this was a really fun project and I learned alot along the way. I thought I would share with you guys how it turned out. Im very pleased with the end result. I wont get into all the details here of how we did everything but I just wanted to post a few pictures of how it came out. We took it out to margarita a few times already recently and its worked great, its a million times better fishing from a boat with some sort of deck then the back breaking v-hull that it used to be. Now if I can just learn how to properly use the trolling motor and fish at the same time id be all set, its a completely different skillset for me from shore fishing for the past year. Just need practice I guess.