» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #21 (permalink)

Default Re: What Jig to Use at Lake Casitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2basser
Well, we finally got out to Casitas yesterday, and we only caught 2. One on a Senko and one on a crankbait. We fished the heck out of those jigs, but no luck. I wonder if we're hitting the right spots or not, or the right depth. I'll be out there again in a couple of weeks to try again. Lots of shad bait balls, but they weren't interested in any spoons.

R2
I will tell you this, the jig bite has been brutal to non-existent lately. I have fished it HARD and can't figure them out. The deep fish are everywhere but lips are wired shut. The only fish I can catch are shallow fish feeding and seem to be packed up a bit. But those packs are TIME oriented right now at Casitas. catch one and the others will follow.

Like Salty Dawg said...the good ones are right where the 5-10" bass are... Key on the baby bass style baits and colors.

15.25# Lake Casitas 2001
14.25# Lake Casitas 2009
13.50# Lake Casitas 2003
13.50# Lake Casitas 2005
12.50# Lake Piru 2003
elfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #22 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice you guys. I'm out there every other Friday and sometimes the Sunday afternoon of the Friday weekend I don't fish. We really had some great senko, dropshot, and crankbait bites out there from spring to just recently (hey I only got skunked once!). The biggest I've nailed this year is a couple of 6 pounders. Recently, we've been picking up many very small bass no bigger than the crankbait. It's been pretty funny. I've got a 1992 red Skeeter so if you see it, stop by for a chat.

R2
R2basser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #23 (permalink)

Trying to learn how to jig fish at Casitas can be tough. Florida strain LMB in deep clear structured lakes are not easy to catch and extremely difficult on jigs when they are not targeting crawdads.
You are better off fishing lakes with nortern strain LMB that are far more aggressive striking a jig.
Casitas is known for it's short active feeding periods that last about 20 minutes; be at the right place, right time, with the right lure and good things can happen.
PM your email and I will send an artical on how to fish jigs at Casitas.
Tom
PS; Kelly & Eric have shared current on the water information on an open forum, most anglers are tighter lipped than Casitas bass.
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in