RE: monster field set for WON BASS "Casitas Region" - California Bass Fishing Forum
» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 03:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default RE: monster field set for WON BASS "Casitas Region"

How many pre-signed teams to base this statement? With all time low approval ratings of Tournament Director, how can we hope to achieve all time record highs in attendance? The last Casitas event 2/11/2102 23 boats, had the highest in paybacks for the last 5 tournaments, almost doubling some of the past year.
Facts off the W.O.N. Bass home page site for Casitas region.
3/19/2011 24 boats
4/2/2011 23 boats 24.2 boat average 2011
4/16/2011 26 boats payouts not available
6/18/2011 24 boats
Only 15 total boat/teams fished all 4 events YTD. Total 37/ team fished as a whole for all events in 2011, YTD. These facts are based on a captive audience due to quagga mussel boat lockdowns.
What does angler of the year hope to gain by fishing all events?
What does WON BASS promise to fish off to TOC award package?
How is the payback set for this event?
Will the great wall of disclosure be up?
$165 basic $35 big fish one place Top 3 Lake Casitas option 50/30/20% or the 60/40% two places like DVL region.
Rumor has it BIG FOOT and ELVIS might be fishing this event.

WHATITIS

whatitis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: RE: monster field set for WON BASS "Casitas Region"

10.0 lbs Cachuma 4/09
TACKLE WAREHOUSE.com
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 02:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Mr. Morris and Koda
Congratulations on your most recent win. By fishing a tournament with prize disclosure, you have made your choices wisely.
YOU KNEW WHAT THE EVENT WOULD PAY
YOU KNEW WHAT AOY PAYS
YOU KNEW WHAT THE TOC WOULD PAY
Good Luck in your next tournament.
See you at Casitas?
Whatitis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

someones got a bone to pick it looks.

Just fish and enjoy the sport. I will see all those coming out to play Saturday at the Wonbass Derby at Casitas.

15.25# Lake Casitas 2001
14.25# Lake Casitas 2009
13.50# Lake Casitas 2003
13.50# Lake Casitas 2005
12.50# Lake Piru 2003
elfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Am I the only one who finds whatitis nearly incomprehensible? I can't see a point to this message. I think there is a swipe at Rich, and perhaps some suggestion of impropriety in the handling of the monies, but, well whatitis needs an editor to clear up the communication. Did whatitis fish a Casitas tournament and somehow feel cheated?

I've fished tournaments for about 30 years and Rich does as good a job as any TD I've known, certainly no one tries harder to put on a terrific tournament. My hat is off to him.

As for transparency of monies, go fish the US Open, and ask them to open their books for you. For that matter go ask FLW or BASS to open their books...don't hold your breath.

I have to agree with E. Go fish the tournaments for the fun and competitive aspects. Let's face it, you're not going to get rich or build a fishing career in a little team tournament on little lake casitas. If you can't afford to lose a couple of hundred bucks because you were outfished on any given weekend, you probably shouldn't be entering in the first place.

I for one am glad WON decided to keep tournaments at Casitas, that a pro like RT is running them, and I only wish I could find a partner to fish with cause I miss the fun!

Good luck to you guys this Saturday.
adman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

National Bass West smallest turnout this year is 34 boats, don't know about a monster field with 24-26 boats
J-Lure jigs
Hard Core Bass Fishing Apparel
stickman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 12:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

Whatitis

Have you ever been a TD?

Chris Koda (The Older Koda)
Old 02-24-2012, 03:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Eric-
You have the most to gain from this post. If you win, AOY and qualify for the TOC, this will directly apply to you and your team mate.
I do not have a bone to pick with a tournament director, but have a bone to pick with a circuit. Not a swipe at the TD, but the overall organization. The So Cal Castaic results on 1/21/12 speak clearly for themselves. Why the sudden change in paybacks regarding the 2/11/12 Casitas opener?
The sudden payback change has spurred an interest. If WON would clearly print the TOC/AOY paybacks, it would be a lot easier to support them and just to fish and enjoy the sport!

If not, this time next year, we will still be asking ourselves the same questions.

I am sure if you contact …..
ABA
Anglers Choice
Average Joe
National Bass West
Top Stick Tour

They would be happy to disclose any info on their organization….AOY/TOC questions.

Whatitis
Old 02-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Whatitis-

I get what you are saying on this whole matter. For me, my options are limited and I'm playing with what I have. The options I have and am limited to. If I had a good enough paying job I'd have my own boat and could fish the other orgs. Reality is, I don't. I get this one lake and one Org to fish.

I wanted to argue with things and piss and moan...but my only other option is NO competitive fishing. And that for me isn't an option. I can't find a partner for the other lakes as they all fish with their partners of years. When I offer people to fish with them, I get nada! So I'm done trying.

My dad and I aren't trying to make a career on derby fishing...this is a FUN competitive thing I get to do and I enjoy it. Do i wish i could fish the other lakes, YES, but when this is the hand that's dealt why am I going to piss and moan and whine over some things.

Shoot...you've seen a DRASTIC change in payouts and I'm stoked to see it. Full disclosure is great! I know where I'm fishing the TOC and what the AOY prizes are, its been stated from above.

I'm done with worrying about these types of things...i for one feel its a HUGE part why I've struggled on my home waters the last few years. I'm just enjoying myself and time on the water with my old man.

To each there own...you decisions are yours! But i've got tournaments to fish and fish to catch regardless of the orgs! And I feel Wonbass is a fine organization and i've always supported them.

15.25# Lake Casitas 2001
14.25# Lake Casitas 2009
13.50# Lake Casitas 2003
13.50# Lake Casitas 2005
12.50# Lake Piru 2003
elfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Eric-
I want to say, I was not trying to pick on YOU, or any sole fisherman at Casitas. If you do choose to tag your boat in, I understand that your options are limited. For all your hard work in competition, I hope you as fishermen do have high turnouts with great pay days! But, most importantly, I truly hope the organizations support you with the same loyalty in return.

Good luck with those money minnows!

Whatitis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in