Fishing, pro anglers and smoking/cigarettes...??? - California Bass Fishing Forum
» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2014, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fishing, pro anglers and smoking/cigarettes...???

I smoke, other members of my family smoke and also have many friends that smoke.

When I got into fishing a couple years ago...I originally thought that out of all the sports and recreational outdoor hobbies/activities...fishing would likely be the ONE...if NOT the exception where its members, community, representatives, pros and anyone who loves fishing...would likely NOT smoke due to its long heritage and history as a national past time for building family values, personal character skills and good morals with young children.

I started to question my character since I smoke...BUT also preach and teach fishing as a good hobby to get into at younger kids/children.

To set the record straight: I don't smoke when I am fishing or when I am around kids/children. If I do need a smoke...I wait till after or before my fishing activities or any duties at the time that involves younger people.

My question to calbassin folks: Are there people at the higher levels of fishing, be it B.A.S.S. Pros, sponsored reps, fishing industry media personalities or just anyone involved with the fishing industry...smoke...???

The only "pro" bass angler I have seen smoke is Paul Bailey from the big bait posse.

What are some of your morals/values/opinions on smoking and fishing...?? Are pros allowed to smoke on tour..?? How about smoking and fishing seminars/conventions that is geared towards kids and children..?? Anyone on here smoke..???

Seems to me like the two actually go hand in hand and is somewhat something you can't stop. In that sense...Fishing and smoking would be a common irony seen in many aspects of life in general. Ex. Nurse/doctor/mentor/teacher smoking when its obvious their profession is suppose to preach the opposite.

I guess its just a part of life that you can't change and just have to learn to deal with. I should stop smoking since I do love fishing and teaching it.

Last edited by dinklimit; 06-04-2014 at 05:31 PM.
dinklimit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in