» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2009, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default REESE AND WILSON WIN AT CASITAS

MIKE REESE AND DAVE WILSON WIN THE A/C CASITAS PRO TEAMS TODAY WITH A WEIGHT OF 18.83. FISHING NOT TOO FAR AWAY FROM THEM WERE THE 2nd PLACE TEAM OF RON THOMPSON AND BOB FRUGE. THEY CAME TO THE SCALES WITH 17.13 AND BIG FISH. 3rd PLACE WENT TO JASON HEMMINGER AND GARY D'ANGELO WITH 14.25lbs . BRANDON OBER AND JAMES CICCHI TOOK THE 9.98 OPTION.
FULL TOURNAMENT RESULTS AND BE VIEWED AT USANGLERSCHOICE.NET. THE NEXT A/C TOURNAMENT AT LAKE CASITAS WILL BE NEXT SAT. NIGHT JUNE 6th. SIGN IN WILL BE FROM 3:30 TO 5:30pm AT THE MARINA CAFE. CARLOS AND NANCY WILL DINNER SPECIALS FOR TOURNAMENT ANGLERS.
JIM REYES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2009, 12:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: REESE AND WILSON WIN AT CASITAS

Good job Dave and Mike

The wheels totally fell of the bite we had going last weekend. We were lucky to catch the 5 we had.

Dough and Hugh...1st out of the money....AGAIN. Thanks for letting me borrow your spare life jacket!
Old 05-31-2009, 11:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

OBERMEISTER

I HEARD THAT THERE WAS A FEE FOR THE USE OF THE P.F.D. SO THERE FORE THEY WEREN'T FIRST OUT OF THE MONEY. DIDN'T YOU OFFER OFFER THEM $300 FOR THE DAY'S USE . HUGH AND DOUG ARE REALLY GREAT GUYS . THANKS FOR HELPING OUT. DID THEY GET P.F.D. BACK?
JIM REYES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2009, 12:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

great job Mike and Dave! It was a fun day of fishing and action packed! UNlike you two I was running laps around the lake...literally EVERY shore line and offshore grass hump cranking and throwing rattle baits...had 11 fish just couldn't get the 7+ lbers I have been on...

GREAT derby guys! Well deserved!

15.25# Lake Casitas 2001
14.25# Lake Casitas 2009
13.50# Lake Casitas 2003
13.50# Lake Casitas 2005
12.50# Lake Piru 2003
elfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2009, 01:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks guys, what a fun day it was. It was absolutely one of the best tournaments on Lake Casitas I've had in years with 26 keepers boated. Congrats and thank you to Ron and Bob. We shared water all day long without any issues and had a lot of fun talking with you guys during the day. Funniest moment of the day was when Bob screamed at Ron "There's a snake on your outboard!". Ron casually walked to the back of the boat and pocketed a small gopher snake. We joked about "no live bait allowed" and nose hooking the thing. A big thank you to my partner Dave Wilson for taking the time to do the pre-fishing and finding the group of fish. I hadn't been on the lake in months and it was great fishing out of his new "stealth" Triton. What an unbelievable number of fish our spot kicked out! Exchanging notes with Ron and Bob after the tourney, together both boats caught over 40 keepers in the area and even with all those fished culled out, the area did not shut off until the sun showed up at about 1:30 or so. A special THANK YOU to Roboworm and Randy Yamanouye for keeping us in the worms. All the fish we weighed came on a 6" Roboworm fished in the grass and were definately oriented to the crawdads in the grass and not the shad.

Best to All,

Mike
Old 05-31-2009, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Obermeister you are more than welcome glad we could help. Great job to Dave and Mike we started out next to them and watched them catch 8 quick fish and then 5 more and so on. Our little spot put out 4 fish real quick and then our fish went over to play with Dave and Mike and Ron for the day. So we left and follow elfish around had fun caught a ton of fish, but you know the story NO BIG BITES. See ya all Sat.
dnorvell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2009, 04:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the positive comments!! Thank you too God, I forgot to mention my major sponsor.
I was honored to fish against so many great guys, and to have Mike there to catch 'em for us.
dave

Dave Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2009, 05:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Fun day is right ! Bob and I were thinking if we could get five alive yesterday we would be happy starting out . We started on a spot I knew I could get two maybe three small crank fish at first light than the plan was to move to our second spot to scratch the remainder of the limit needed. When we arived Dave was allready there but I knew the fish would be spread out enough so that both boats would have plenty of room . The differance was Dave , whether he knows or not , was on the "spot on spot" wich tends to hold the better fish . Little did I know it would be an all day bite which was a bonus. As dave said it was a pleasure to share the water and exchange jokes as well as slams back and forth threw out the day . Rember Dave , fat girls dont count It was trueley an example of how things should be with all teams compeating .Having fun and enjoying the company while still compeating . By our estimate we figured they had around 15lbs. and with the 6 pounder Bob cought we thought we had em beat . Much to our suprise they sand baged their fish until the last boat to weigh Sneaky as they were they must have lifted a couple on the blind side . Neadless to say they pulled it off and whooped on us Great job guys and thanks to Robo for the fine products . We switched back and forth from oxblood light to peoples 7 and 4 inch.
Dave I will explain to you a little more in detail whats up with that spot when I see you next week. Besides the grass .
Ron T. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2009, 06:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hey Dave W. I knew something was up when we check in with you at the marina, we ask you how you did and all we got was this ear to ear smile . I ask what you guys got about 15lbs and you said maybe a little more. GOOD JOB again. Better put your fenders out.
dnorvell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2009, 09:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

Jimmy, you can be **** sure they got that jacket back ASAP. I think they must have stuck a banana in it or something! I felt cursed all day long

We were on a respectable crank bite that just up and died on us. Looking back, it seems like the shad moved off some of the areas we were fishing the weekend before. Even though we ran to several spots we never found much bait. The last fish James caught did have a mouthful of baby bass in it though.

It's OK though, night tourney next Saturday

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in