» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #31 (permalink)

Default Re: CBC Region 2

first 2 years of top stick tournaments are the same concepts but they had pay back at every event, plus last paying spot was double entry fee pay back. 5 different lakes no one was a favorite
10.0 lbs Cachuma 4/09
TACKLE WAREHOUSE.com
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2010, 01:51 PM   #32 (permalink)

I would support this ,if there were pay back at every event
10.0 lbs Cachuma 4/09
TACKLE WAREHOUSE.com
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #33 (permalink)

Top Stick is a great thing - Wish it was nor-cal too.. However, the Top Stick and the CBC are far different in lots of ways.

$118 entry... 1 angler per boat.... 50 boats - 1 event to qualify... State Wide... Live Streaming of Video... Fishing for top 10 instead of 1st...

Not that one is better than the other cause its not - but, they are FAR different.

No worries - I am done with this topic. Fish whatever you want - the U.S. is a great place - you have plenty of options!

http://MonsterFishingTackle.com
http://RagoBaits.com  - Yeah, they're that good!
http://RideWithALegend.com
TomLeogrande is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2010, 02:13 PM   #34 (permalink)
tcs

TOM, DONT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF. YOU AND OTHERS HAVE BEGUN A GREAT ORGANIZATION. THE PAYBACK IS THE FINALS, FISHING AGAINST/WITH THE BEST, AND FIRST AND FOREMOST THE TITLE OF BEING THE BEST ANGLER IN CALIFORNIA.
tcs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010, 02:18 PM   #35 (permalink)

Did you just bring up Top Stick? You're a funny guy Steve . Those were (are?) draw events and they never had the level of participation that the CBC has in it's first year.

These events are drawing good numbers for SoCal and selling out up North. They're off to a good start despite all the . If people want to change things they should get involved with Tom, Gary & Mike to help make it better next year.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:31 PM   #36 (permalink)

If paybacks at the local events are an issue, it has been stated a number of times that the anglers put something together for that local event. CBC is not doing paybacks at local events but does not care either way if a payback of some kind is put together by the anglers of that particular local event. (Please correct me if I am wrong Tom, this is what I have gathered from reading posts pretaining to this issue). I for one want to nominate Bill Cook as being the ambasador of this task at the Naci event.... He has the most experience with it.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #37 (permalink)

The TS had nearly the same turn out its first year. The South CBC has been in the low 30's. I guess we will have to see how well it does in its second year. Either way I tend to agree they are somewhat apples and oranges which is good because there is something for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obermeister
Those were (are?) draw events and they never had the level of participation that the CBC has in it's first year.

These events are drawing good numbers for SoCal
AndyL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010, 04:04 PM   #38 (permalink)

Ok, guy's this is why I chose CBC. Not that anybody cares just sharing.
I have a family! Three Children in sports in which I coach Baseball and Softball this weekend alone I had 4 practice 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Then you have practice during the week. NOT MUCH TIME FOR FISHING. CBC offered a Local Tournament and a Neutral Regional Tournament. Great not much cost and I won't need much prefish I have been Tournament fishing my local lakes since 1983. I am thinking a Neutral Regional Tournament so this will be a pretty even playing ground so I might have a chance with the limited time I have. So I really don't care about having the title of State Champion or the pay backs. Just a chance to do what I love and have a family.
If you are concerned with Titles and Money go Pro! My only complaint was Lopez, this lake is on alot of circuits so really now I'm at a disadvantage. Not Neutral. I will make it or not did not cost much. If I had the time to fish like most of you guys I could not complain.
Just my problem and I did whine alittle. Jay Rich
RDYTOGO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010, 04:32 PM   #39 (permalink)

Exactly why a place like Big Bear is perfect.... We just couldn't find anything like that in Region 2.

Imagine the disadvantage you would be at at Isabella? There are quite a few guys that whack 'em there - 30 lb bags even!

Truthfully - I had 2 top 3 finishes on Lopez in my first 2 days on the water there (no prefish) back in the early 2000's when I sucked even worse than I do now! I really believe it is the fairest lake in the region and the fish can be caught in so many different ways.

http://MonsterFishingTackle.com
http://RagoBaits.com  - Yeah, they're that good!
http://RideWithALegend.com
TomLeogrande is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #40 (permalink)

Tom FYI I won the last ABA tournament at Isabella and Randy was second. If I can win there anybody can.
RDYTOGO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in