» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2010, 11:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lowrance images

Although it didn't get me into the top 10 at Lopez the side/down imaging helped me find offshore stuff in a matter of minutes.

Wood right on the channel break

Scattered laydowns and stumps

The one I should have saved for Friday
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2010, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Lowrance images

those pics are awesome.. thats cheatin.. you have to buy me one too...
DPoolman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2010, 12:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

I had to get on board with that technology Dave. I got stuck with a spoon this Jan. and when I got it out there was a big ol' chunk of bark on the hook and I thought WOW! There's an oak tree down there. It took me three years to find that tree ...Ya wanna see the dozen trees and limbs that are next to it? I knew this stuff (structure scan and HDS ) would be the bomb What I know is this. It has changed my fishing forever because it is simple to run and better than an underwater camera in the sense that water viz doesn't matter and you can pick out emergent grass beds etc. without doing anything but fish ...It's been hands off since I dialed it in and is best meter I've ever had but I really should read that manual someday... ...to busy catching....

Rip
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2010, 12:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Cool Ober were was that tree ? We will get em next year.
Hardcore Bass Fishing
bassman10.66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Very Cool, Brandon. Since I will have to help Dave install the one you buy him, you better buy me one first so that I can learn the install & use to make his go better !!!!
Hugh_M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2010, 03:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Did you see any areas that were holding fish? If you had to fish without the electronics how do you think it would have affected your strategy?
AndyL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2010, 06:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Dave, feel free to use the money we all gave you last week.

That stuff is in the Whittenburg arm (to the right as you exit the marina). Apparently it's well known to the locals.

Andy, those white spots suspended in the channel are fish. Bass? I don't know, never got bit in there. There were big schools of shad all over the lake with small bass pushing them to the surface. With or without the SS/DS I would still fish the same way(s). With it I'm able to find things I may never have known were there.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

Right now I have a bitch'n HDS10 unit on the boat and it's fun to look at but when your throwing buzzbaits it limits the amount of information I need for that type of bite. This is where the Structure scan is worth it's weight in gold. I have the downscan and my side imaging going while beat'n the bank. If I was looking to go offshore well that would be different I'd split the screen with downscan and my meter. So for me I guess it's just a different way of being aware of my surroundings while I'm fishing and applying the information.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

The LSS-1 is a great tool. I found some stuff with my Structure Scan that really wasn't that far off shore but in 40 feet of water. I had my boat in about 40 feet of water and was casting to the bank and working back to about 20 or 25 deep and reeling in and casting again.

On those points that go off into deep water I found a flat shelf and 5 or 6 foot rockpile on the end of that shelf. With the side scan looking off toward the deep side of the boat you can see some of the stuff you are putting the boat over while you fish the bank. I swung around and fished the back again but this time about 40 or 50 feet further out so when I made my cast it would fall into about 20 feet of water and then as I fished my jig back to the boat I came over that rockpile in 40 feet of water.

I only weighed 3 fish for 10.24 lbs in the CBC Regional at Lopez so I missed the cut by a pound and a half. I caught two 4's and a 2 lber off that rockpile during the tournament but couldn't manage two more keepers. This shows just how important a limit is during a tournament! The practice pressure during the week before the tournament moved the fish off where I was catching them in practice a couple weeks before so without the LSS-1 I might not have weighed in a fish.

http://www.dobynsrods.com/
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/
Ken Sauret is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2010, 10:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ken, where is your transducer mounted? How many people are running one on the stern and one on the TM?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in