» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Kings River Lemoore

Ok this place looks like the delta, feels like the delta but its not even close. I fished hard for 6 hours and got one bite all day but the fish came unbuttoned. It looked to be about 3 lbs. and that was it. I flipped and threw reaction, Im pretty dissappointed. I talked to another guy in a boat that was fishing and he said he did pretty well a few weeks ago. So my conclusion is this, there are SOME fish in there but it is a lot of work to get bit. I think that it is gonna take some time to get the population of fish back up. The water was 62degrees and semi clear. Im done with that place until one of you all try it with different results.....Brian
brianm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Kings River Lemoore

Sorry Brian, that place used to be lights out! It sucks but I think it's done for awhile. I might go out there in July or august with a frog but that's it!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

sorry to hear that. fishing is usually bad when the water is very high. usually by the end of august and eary fall it gets better. i might give it a try anyway just to see, haven't been there since september.
dodgetec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

When the water is as high as it is now, the fish are deep deep into and behind the tulles or cover. Pitching or Flipping heavier jigs or texas-rigged plastics as deep as you can into the tulles or cover is the ticket. If and when the water comes down another 2-3ft it will be on fire. The fish will be in the tulles and laydowns and not behind the tullies as it is now. The place is a blast when you find the fish. One of my favorate places.

My buddy and I fished it a few weeks ago and bagged 20+lbs with a 7+lber kicker. The following week we only managed 3-4 fish with the biggest being a 2.5lber.

How many guys in here actually do fish the kings river in lemoore in a boat??? Launching out at Jackson ave??? I've only seen one boat this year so far....aluminum tracker, black and red stripes???
fishsniffin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2011, 11:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

been fishing it since 97, first in a 12 foot raft then in my bass boat. I also have launced at Strathmore next
to the 41 freeway bridge where it goes over the river.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

Ahh..yes, it's actually the city of Stratford. Stratford and 41. We launch there also, but not yet this year. There are some monsters there also.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

i've got an older bayliner bass boat, silver with blue on the bottom in case we ever run into each other out there.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have an 89 blue ranger 364v stop by and say hi. I forgot to mention that i was not able to get under any bridge, the water was to high. I was limited to where i could fish. I mostly fished the edges of the tules and flipped wood. Do you believe there are still a good amount of fish in that river system? Brian
brianm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

sometimes you wonder when they aren't biting but last summer I saw millions of bass fry along the banks in june after the spawn. It was solid clouds and schools of bass fry so I know they are in there.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Oh yeah....they are there, somedays they are easy to find and other days you'll really have to work to find'em. I don't own a boat, but my buddy owns a brand new ranger vx188. White hull with blue/gray stripes, we're fishing that river system together almost 99% of the time. Going to keep an eye on the river and wait for the river to drop another 2-4 ft, then it should be on fire. See you guys out on the water. Please keep the reports coming.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in