» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
GB

Default Delta Update

I didn't think I would be posting this in late June but there is another wave of bed fish in the Delta. Water temp in some areas is up to 70 and 72 degrees it should start to cool down when the run off hits.
The Delta is very clear in most parts, Sherman Lake is stained but clearing. There is a early morning top water bite after that it gets kind of tough. Pull out you drop shot rod with 8lb test floral and work points with current and find the Blue gill beds. There are more Blue Gill Beds then I have seen in years. The post spawn fish are chasing blue gill find rip rap walls with a grass line in front and blue gill beds between the bank and the grass the bass are in the grass.
Hi tide gives you another bite one that I was on about 5 years ago and its fun. Take a Zoom horny toad or a D&M Top water Dawg put a 1/16th to a 1/8th weight on it fish it about 5 to 8 inches below the water surface, over the top of the grass beds. When you come over a hole in the grass let it drop in to the hole. Buzz baits and Chatter baits have been working in sparse tullies as well.
For more info on the Delta call the Hook also ask about the sale on Shimano Crucial Rods 925-625-2441
Thanks
Gene

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Two Locations to Serve You
Russo's Marina & Oakley, CA 
(925) 625-2441
GB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2011, 04:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Delta Update

Do you have any more reports on the delta of any recent fishing that you have done. I'm going to the delta for the first time in a year and I need some tips.
America!
PigsOnlyBaitCo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
ash

Default Re: Delta Update

Pigs I had a great day on Saturday the 16th throwin the 1/2oz Brown TNT Baits Wadda Jig with a yamamoto 284 double tail grub. Fish were in the outside grass on the rock walls with tulles within 5' most of my bites were in the grass clumps. The dads are currently an orange to red color so the brown jig with the 284 really mimics these fish. We also had topwater in franks tract around tulles with current, the high low switch was worth following to find the active biting fish.
ash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in