» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
mark d inman

Default eastman lake 9/26/11

Report: jigs in 1/8, 1/4 or 3/8 oz walleye head, arkie head, football head jigs. 208 watermelon/ red/blk flake 4" double or 5" single tail yamamoto grubs as trailers 25 to 40 feet of water rock structure brush plies channels and drop offs are holding bass to 4 pounds. Baby brushogs in watermelon/red&blk flake hooked texas style or on 1/4 or 3/8 oz bullet head jig also in 25 to 40 feet of water on same structure is also working good afternoon bite from 2pm til dark

Tips: pick good structure in 25 to 40 feet of water and you'll put nice bass in the boat. Lakes at 80% and in very good shape waters clear.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: eastman lake 9/26/11

thanks for the great report mark n great job! ive been meaning to get to eastman, just gotta get a small boat or somethin lol
grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2011, 06:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
mark d inman

grizzly swimming area( rock eddy) runs out about 150 yards and drops off pretty fast day use side dam area throw 3/8 oz or 1/2 oz.bullet head jig and use 5"single tail grubs yamamoto 194 watermelon blk flk or 208 watermelon red/blk flk grubs when i bank fish these two areas i use my flipping sticks loaded with 10 lbs test i like making long cast on the dam area i like too pitch out into deep water and the 1/2 bullets will get you there trick is when your in the rocks swim the bait by bumping the rocks if the bass are active they'll eat it. i like working the eddy off the swim area the same way but i use both 3/8 and 1/2oz. bullets there in that area. i like fishing the deep water this time of year here the better fish are hold on several types of structure now.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mark nailed it right on dot. Just to add alittle more, bass in the 1-1.5lb range are plentiful and are found just about everywhere (flats/rocks/trees). You'll catch these all day with the drop-shot, darterhead or splitshot. The full fall bite is right around the corner because all of the fish we caught there last week were spitting out shad and baby panfish when hooked. The jig bite will nail you larger fish, single tail yamamoto trailer did it for me also, 3/8 football in bama bug with 5" single tail in grn/pumpkin/blk flake did it for me. Also, don't count out carolina or texas rigged plastics dragged or hopped slowly deep in the hot hour days for your lunker fish, brush hog, senco's, lizards or your favorite piece of plastic should do. 25-60ft in the hot hour days. If fishing at night, big fish are shallow, 2-15ft. I'd recommend the night bite right now, 50+ fish are possible with an occasional lunker in between. Just becareful if fishing on boat, there are alot of underwater structure that can make your night miserable.
fishsniffin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

I was there last week and you guys are right. The bite is good and getting better, I have been fishing shallow most of the time catching tons of fish but nothing big. Im gonna go out tues. and fish deeper.
brianm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2011, 03:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

thanks a ton mark n fishsniffin! i gotta get my butt out there asap! gotta get some grubs first tho lol i have the double tail in watermelon/red/black but needa get other colors, senkos im set, buncha different colors. ill try to get out there this weekend n if so ill keep u posted on how i do. oh if n e of u guys ever want a fishin buddy, lemme know lol dont mind pitchin in for gas or n e thing. thanks again guys!
grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in