» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2009, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Delta end of April

I don't know about the other Delta post (it's on) crap..... I struggle every day out here and I fish atleast a few days every week. Theer ahs really been no consistant pattern. In retrospect, we (me and clients) have caught a lot of nice fish this year. I'm not a fish counter but, we have had about 20 over five and two over ten.

Most of the giant fish have been in dead end sloughs and there seems to have a void of five to six pounders, it either a four or a giant. The five pounder have been on tule islands and bends in the channels with no one part of the Delta being better.

Last week we caught 20 fish around Franks and then 20 fish in Old and Middle river, yesterday 25-30 fish in the north Delta. Yes 10-20 fish a day is struggling for me unless they are all good ones, I expect to get 20-40 fish in the boat every day.

I put down the crank bait for a while and really working learning the chatter bait; however, there not biting that very well.

Most of the fish are coming flipping compact baits (tubes, beavers etc) and the last two giant bass were on a wacky senko 6 in with a nail weight. There are lots of fish on beds that you can see at low tide (Franks, old river, middle river, widow, whites etc) and even catch, drop shot a white Sniper snub (looks like a senko but it's 3 inches long) There has also been some post spawn fish in the current. Whites are has been pretty good for frog fishing since quite a few fish have already spawned there. The buzz bait bite has been ok, spinner baits ok, swimbaits ok, chatterbiats fair or you can toss a Senko all day and catch fish.

On the tule islands look for spots where a fish could spawn (current is ok) and then an alley way where they can escape. There only needs to be about a foot of water at low tide.

www.marklassagne.com
www.bassanglersguie.com

The BAG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in