» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2009, 09:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
GB

Default delta fishing

I fished the FLW Stren last week, only had 2 1/2 days to pre fish. There was a number of patterns going on. I really didn't get on to them until the last day of pre fish. You had post spawn, and bedding fish at the same time. The top water (frogs,buzz bait, and lunker punker) seemed to more of a morning bite, although you could catch frog fish later in the day. Most of the frog fish I found were on points with current, heavy current!
I started day one in little franks throwing a swimbait I had some good fish there in pre fish, they disapeard. Went up to Whites were i shook off a number of bites on a couple banks and they were gone?? I started to hit sparse tullie clumps on large rock levies and found pre spawn fish in about 5 to 6 foot of water.
My co--anglers and I caught about 3 to 4 limits a day I broke a nice one off on the first day that would have really helped and had a dead fish on day 2, cost me 500.00 dollars. I tried punching but did not find the right grass beds like Ish did.
I was fishing levies with large chunks of rock and tullie clumps about 30 yards apart. using 6in. Senkos, Bobby D's chatter baits, and the 5" big hammer in white color.
The fish have moved into their post spawn and summer patterns, look for fast moving current on points and grass beds. Middle Delta (connection, rail road slough, and Mildred) seem to be putting out the better fish. Sherman Lake and Big Break were very dirty all week. The weeds are all but gone out of Franks Track making it very tough.
Good luck and keep a tight line.
Gene

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Two Locations to Serve You
Russo's Marina & Oakley, CA 
(925) 625-2441
GB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: delta fishing

Thanks for the report Gene!
201pro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in